1 - 11 of 11 Posts

blopez34

I'm going to be staying in hotels while in Greece this summer but I'd love to wash my clothes because I don't like carrying a huge suitcase full of clothes. Is it easy to find a laundromat in Greece? Thanks

mastichas09

I'm going to be staying in hotels while in Greece this summer but I'd love to wash my clothes because I don't like carrying a huge suitcase full of clothes. Is it easy to find a laundromat in Greece? Thanks
There are probably some laundromats in Athens, but less in other parts of Greece. Your better bet is getting your clothes dry cleaned

ellinasgolfer0320

I am about 90% certain there is no such thing in Greece. I've never seen one, and I've certainly never seen one in Athens (where I spend most of my time in Greece)

greek_ggirl

I am about 90% certain there is no such thing in Greece. I've never seen one, and I've certainly never seen one in Athens (where I spend most of my time in Greece)
Are there dry cleaners?

Reactions: Hash

ellinasgolfer0320

SteveJay27

There’s lots of laundromats in Athens! We found one just three blocks from our hotel, which is only two blocks from the Acropolis Museum. Five Euros for the wash, three Euros for 45 minutes dry (30 minutes is not enough for a medium load). Laundry powder just one Euro. Just look on a map app!

Reactions: nm1999

ellinasgolfer0320

There’s lots of laundromats in Athens! We found one just three blocks from our hotel, which is only two blocks from the Acropolis Museum. Five Euros for the wash, three Euros for 45 minutes dry (30 minutes is not enough for a medium load). Laundry powder just one Euro. Just look on a map app!
Interesting. 30+ years in Athens and I've never seen one.

nm1999

Interesting. 30+ years in Athens and I've never seen one.
Hmmm me neither, maybe it’s because i’ve never needed one ahaha and my friends/family don’t use them

ellinasgolfer0320

Hmmm me neither, maybe it’s because i’ve never needed one ahaha and my friends/family don’t use them
Most Greeks will use the bathtub to wash their clothes if they don't have a washing machine.

Hash

Most Greeks will use the bathtub to wash their clothes if they don't have a washing machine.
Yeahhhhhhhh😂😂.....like me in Mykonos....I used the bath tub all the time as I didn't have a washing machine....and no space for it too....In Mykonos they have very good laundry facilities... serviced and they used to collect and deliver too!🤗🤗.....It used to be located in Fabrica square near the bus station.

k_tsoukalas

Yeahhhhhhhh😂😂.....like me in Mykonos....I used the bath tub all the time as I didn't have a washing machine....and no space for it too....In Mykonos they have very good laundry facilities... serviced and they used to collect and deliver too!🤗🤗.....It used to be located in Fabrica square near the bus station.
Ha ha, Hash - I've done this, too. Or simply just use the hotel sink and whatever soap they've given me...

Spetses is amazing for shopping!

I haven't heard of many people talk about Spetses on this forum… Which is super strange because it's one of my favourite islands! It's very easy to get to from Athens, and the shopping is just amazing. There are very unique boutiques, with handmade items from Greece, Italy, and Turkey. They are a little bit pricey, which is why I recommend that you try and barter if you can. Here are some of my favorite stores...

- Sea+Sun Spetses
- The Yachting Club Boutique
- Pasiphaë

What do you think of these essential Greek travel tips?

I would love to know what everyone thinks of these Greek travel tips, and if they are actually true and helpful. I feel like many people have so many biases about different countries, and they can have a completely different perspective from a local or the actual truth. Please let me know what your opinions are in the comments!

Make sure you book in advance! Greece is fully booked this summer!

I can't say this enough! Please make sure that you book way ahead of time for your trip to Greece. I've been looking for hotels and flights, and almost everything is booked. The only air B&Bs and hotels that are left are either extremely expensive or very remote. It seems that people have been at home during Covid, and are feeling to get to Greece. This is a lesson learned for next year. Good luck to everyone!

New Tourism campaign!

Similar to my story from the early 90s..... Greece gave me my life back, healed me,rejuvenated me, made me worthy of carrying on and rebuilding my future and the rest is a very long love story♥️♥️.....I think the readers here feel what I contribute and share here!❤️❤️

Where to travel in Greece if you love wine!

If you love wine, Greece is some of the best places to go to! There are great wines all over Greece, but certain areas are revered for their high quality grapes and crisp wines. Some of my personal favorites are Santorini wines. For Santorini, I specifically recommend Assyrtiko which is the white wine that is produced most from Santorini. The second best place to go to Greece for wine is Thrace which is best if you like red wines such as Cabernet Sauvignon which is also popular in regions from across the world. I know Crete is also popular, but I have never been so I cannot comment on their wines!
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter