1 - 7 of 7 Posts

mastichas09

I really really wish I could drive stick, but I just can't...how easy is it to rent automatic? Thanks

Reactions: Hash

Jerry s

You can rent an auto in Greece, most car companies have them but they cost a little more.
Even the Greeks buy automatics these days, they were scared of them a few years ago.

francescool

You can do it, but I suggest booking a little earlier than you normally would...rental companies don't have as many automatic cars as they do manual ones

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with everyone!

Make you car rental early and it will cost a bit more, but is worth it if you don't know how to drive a manual LOL :)

Hash

I really really wish I could drive stick, but I just can't...how easy is it to rent automatic? Thanks
Yes of course, pre booking advisable, anyone going to Mykonos can contact me and I can recommend a friend who has a car rental/bikes/4 wheel Quads.

Reactions: dubai_suzie

dubai_suzie

Yes of course, pre booking advisable, anyone going to Mykonos can contact me and I can recommend a friend who has a car rental/bikes/4 wheel Quads.
I love 4 wheel quads, although they're pretty dangerous

k_tsoukalas

It's pretty easy but you need to make sure you tell the rental car company that you need an automatic or else they'll just give you a standard.

Alexis Tsipras, former Prime Minister of Greece has tested positive for covid

This adds to the long case of people who are testing positive in Greece. Alexis Tsipras if the former prime minister of Greece, who is a little polarizing. This is a sign that covid can affect us all, and that omicron is spreading rapidly, especially in Greece. I urge everyone to stay safe and be careful! Happy New Year and blessings to all.

Resources for tracking covid in Greece

This is for all of my fellow travellers and for those who live in Greece and have loved ones in Greece. It's really hard to find good resources these days, and I tend to get overwhelmed with everything that's going on in the news, so I like to have a few websites in my back pocket when I want to check and see how things are doing. I hope this doesn't overwhelm folks and just helps spread some accurate info.

Travel requirements for Greece and Cyprus updated!

To enter Cyprus and Greece, you are required to have a negative PCR test. Both countries are also requiring that you fill out specific forms when you enter. You should also bring a proof of vaccination that is preferably translated into English or Greek. Some people usually carry these on their phones, but I also think it's best to have a copy printed on paper just in case your phone dies, also some border officers are a little more old-school and might prefer a paper copy.

More information here: https://greekcitytimes.com/2021/12/20/travelling-to-greece-or-cyprus-all-you-need-to-know/

Greece has now decreased quarantine to 5 days

Just like the United States, Greece has decreased quarantine from 10 days to 5 as a result of increased knowledge about the virus. The quarantine is 5 days as long as you are asymptomatic. If you have symptoms, you should quarantine until you feel better and then wait 5 days. This means that people will spend a lot less time tied up in quarantine and it also means that they are not contagious for a long period of time as we previously thought!

Make sure to book your covid tests early for traveling to Greece!

As rules are changing for every country (including Greece) I suggest that everyone book their COVID tests early because everyone is scrambling last minute to book theirs, especially during the holidays. Greece now requires a negative PCR test taken 72 hours before arrival to Greece. This new rule has recently come into effect for many countries as well, as before only unvaccinated people needed to take a covid test. I hope everyone to stay safe and wish everyone happy holidays!
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter