1 - 3 of 3 Posts

xmelissaa

Im not a huge fan of ground beef sometimes and I like to switch up the types of protein that I use. Has anyone tried making pastitsio or gemista with pork or lamb for example? How was it?

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
I would say yes! My Yiayia would always use a blended mix of park, beef and sometimes lamb in many of her recipes.

I have made Greek style burgers before using 2 lbs beef, 1/2 lb pork and 1/2 lb lamb (with salt, pepper and oregano)...that is an amazing burger! 🇬🇷 🇬🇷

k_tsoukalas

I am always mixing up meats when I cook, and I don't just use beef. I know a lot of recipes in the US call for beef, but as far as I can tell, this isn't traditional in Greece. So instead, I have a Greek mindset of using whatever is available and fresh, and I try to work in lamb and pork whenever I can.

This is how to make a Greek omelette

This recipe is a classic all over Greek American diner's. It's also super healthy, and super easy to make! I have copy and pasted the ingredients from the video so it's easier for you to follow along.

2 t. olive oil
½ c. white mushrooms (sliced)
½ c. baby spinach
¼ c. crumbled feta cheese
6 sun dried tomatoes (chopped
1 avocado (sliced)
Sprig fresh thyme
Salt and fresh ground black pepper
2 large eggs
1 T. milk per egg
1 T. butter

How to make Greek frozen yogurt ice cream (without an ice cream maker)

Making frozen yogurt ice cream is such a good way to indulge in a healthy dessert. You can make this with an ice cream maker if you want, but you don't actually need one. I don't have one myself, so I love making this at home in the summertime. It's much lower in calories and compared to regular ice cream and it's much healthier for you. Depending on your needs, you can add less sugar. Whenever I make this for my brother I add honey because he has diabetes.

Frappe by the beach 🤩

Greetings to all of my friends! I was just at the beach today enjoying a tasty frappe! Will continue to post about my trip! 😊

8D58A61B-BAD0-451D-9E55-1F86F6776AD0.jpeg

The best Santorini white wines

Santorini is famous for its white wines. I'm not a huge wine person myself, but I always find myself reaching for Santorini wine when it's on the menu. There are so many different wines to choose from, and its really up to your own taste. I don't ever believe that the best wine is the most expensive. Here are a few wines that you should at least try!

Assyrtiko
Tselepos
Nychteri
Vinsado

What are your favorites?

Beautiful lamb shank and lavraki

This dinner was absolutely exquisite! It was a lovely roasted lamb shake, with small pieces of pasta. We also ordered a grilled lavraki which was one of the best I’ve ever had in my life. I just can’t get enough of Greek food, it’s always so fresh and cooked to perfection. Greetings from my holiday!

4E56A3F5-DF7F-4E6F-A638-4EF884F6BC87.jpeg
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter