1 - 3 of 3 Posts

greek_ggirl

I'm wondering if I should book a guided tour to really get to know the city well and learn about all of the history and culture. Is it worth it? And would you recommend a private tour guide or going in a group? I really want to learn more about the places that I'm visiting and not just walking around aimlessly

Reactions: tomipark

tomipark

Honestly I would say no. I suggest you do your research beforehand and come up with a short list of things you want to do and see. I find tourists get in the way of being spontaneous

xmelissaa

Ugh I'm not really a fan of guided tours! In my experience they get a bit boring

What is your favorite place to go to in Thessaloniki?

Do you have any recommendations? I'm looking to do something adventurous :)

Does anyone know if the annual festivals in Thessaloniki will be happening this year?

I always look forward to festivals like the Thessaloniki International Fair, the Thessaloniki International Film Festival and the International Book Fair. Does anyone know if they'll be happening this year?

Guided tour of the Greek Agora and Roman Forum

This is one of the best things to do while visiting Thessaloniki! Have any of you taken a tour? I definitely want to go again next year

The beautiful Arch of Galerius

This is one of my favorite spots in Thessaloniki! Everyone has to visit when they're in the city

Arch-of-Galerius-Thessaloniki-720x479.jpg

Is it worth going on a guided tour of Thessaloniki?

I'm wondering if I should book a guided tour to really get to know the city well and learn about all of the history and culture. Is it worth it? And would you recommend a private tour guide or going in a group? I really want to learn more about the places that I'm visiting and not just walking around aimlessly

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter