1 - 2 of 2 Posts

acamp7

Like I said in another post, I love visiting Greece in the winter because I get to love more like the locals. That being said, is Santorini too boring and quiet during the winter? Are many activities, resdaraunts and hotels even open? I would love to know!

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Never been to Santorini in the Winter, either way the view is amazing!!

IMG_6220-720x540.jpeg

If you havent been to Thirassia you definitely should go

Thirassia is a tiny island that is super close to Santorini, it used to be part of it actually. You can get to Thirassia Island by boat from Santorini. The boat leaves from the village of Oia, and it takes only 10 minutes to get there. Once there, you can catch a bus to Manolas. This is what the beautiful island waters look like

cyclades-greece-720x479.jpg

What to do if you have 24 hours in Santorini?

I always watch this guys videos!! Youtube is one of my favorite ways to see what actually goes down on these Greek islands. If you've ever wondered what to do in Santorini, look no further! I recommend renting a gourana (four wheeler) and touring the island that way. You can also be more cost efficient (and healthier) and get a regular bike or even walk around the island if you're feeling like it. Definitely don't rent a car and definitely have fun!

Santorini visit end of October beginning of November

Two couples are hoping to go to Santorini for our anniversaries. I know the crowds are gone by then but will there be anything open? Restaurant’s etc? Will it be too cold to go swimming? Any information is appreciated. Thank you.

Has anyone been to the lost Atlantis museum in Santorini? What can I see there?

I've heard of this museum but there's not much info on it online. Has anyone been? And would you recommend it?

Agios Nikolaos is Santorinis monastery created by women

The monastery is dedicated to Agios Panteleimon, Zoodoxos Pighi and Agios Nikolaos. This monastery is super special because it is created by women which is pretty rare considering usually men are monks and priests, and considered the leaders of the Greek orthodox religion. It was established in 1651 by daughters of the Gizi family. Today the monastery is one of the most important religious sites on the island of Santorini and has many historical icons. I really recommend a visit for anyone who is going to the island.
Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter