1 - 5 of 5 Posts

nadellii

In the Greek airport, I’ve seen many different types of packaged baklava that I assume people bring home as souvenirs and gifts. Is there any brand or store that people have tried that is good and not too sweet? I would love to get some and see if I can also order them online if they ship internationally.

ellinasgolfer0320

Yes, klostari (κλωστάρι) baklava from Ioannina is probably my favorite baklava. As for finding one thats not too sweet, that'll be hard because it is "syropiasta" meaning it's a dessert made with a lot of syrup.

Attachments

• 20220430_150030.jpg
    20220430_150030.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions: d_kakavouli

d_kakavouli

Yes, klostari (κλωστάρι) baklava from Ioannia is probably my favorite baklava. As for finding one thats not too sweet, that'll be hard because it is "syropiasta" meaning it's a dessert made with a lot of syrup.
I haven't heard of this brand, thank you. I will be on the lookout next time I go to Greece.

The Greek Vibe

Reactions: francescool

francescool

This company too has excellent baklava or "syropiasta" sweets
I've had their baklava before! I highly recommend it!

Reactions: The Greek Vibe

How to make a creamy Greek chicken pasta!

This recipe is perfect for a big family with kids who are picky eaters! You can make this pasta in only 15 minutes, which is the best part! If im cooking it for adults, I always like to add a bit more vegetables since my kids don't really like veggies. You can always choose fresh artichokes or canned, but canned is definitely much faster. Let me know what you think of this recipe!

Have you ever made a traditional Greek rabbit recipe?

Rabbit is considered a delicacy in Greece, even though it's not so popular today. There are many different variations of rabbit that are made in Greece, but the most popular is a rabbit stew. The stew consists of tomato, carrots, celery, a whole rabbit, onions, garlic, and spices such as rosemary, allspice, bay leaf, pepper, and salt. This is a great recipe that I have tried myself and I like to make every now and then when I can find rabbit at the butcher or farmers market.

How to make a refreshing watermelon drink for the summer!

Now that it's heating up, I thought it would be very helpful for everyone in the World Wide Greeks community to make a watermelon drink for the summer! Whether you are going to be in Greece or in your home country, you can still make this drink. I must say though, that the water melons in Greece can't be beat! The recipe is very simple, and doesn't require much preparation. Here it is...

-Cut up 1 whole watermelon and blend in a blender in batches
-If the mixture is very thick, you can add water to your liking so that it is more like a juice rather than a smoothie
-if you like, you can add many different flavour variations like mint, orange juice, or lemon. I prefer mint :)
-Strain to remove seeds
-Add ice and serve!

Where to get the best gyros in Athens

Athens has some of the best street food in Greece! You can pretty much get great street food anywhere in Greece, but these are some of my best suggestions for the next time that you're in Athens. I recommend ordering a gyro pita with tzatziki, french fries, tomatoes, and onions! It's the classic gyro and you won't be disappointed.

- o Gyros Pou Gyrevis
- Tylixto Greek Wrap
- Just Pita

How to make homemade Greek yogurt

This process is straight out of a Greek village! Fresh Greek yogurt is so wonderful, and tastes nothing like what you get at the grocery store. The flavor is so rich, and the texture is so creamy. If you have the time and resources, I really suggest that you try this out.

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter