1 - 3 of 3 Posts

kosta_karapinotis

Have any of you spoken to any people near Athens? How is the situation now? What is the aftermath? I am keeping everyone in my thoughts

ellinasgolfer0320

I think they might be out now. I haven't seen anything on the news here about them (3 weeks ago the news was talking about them nonstop), and 2 weeks ago when my wife and I drove to her village we didn't see any fires but we did see a plane used to fight fires...

Reactions: kosta_karapinotis

kosta_karapinotis

I also don't see anything on the news anymore so they're probably out....but the damage is done

Is there any update on the wildfires near Athens?

Have any of you spoken to any people near Athens? How is the situation now? What is the aftermath? I am keeping everyone in my thoughts

Posting pictures of Monastiraki square!

I can never get enough of how great Monastiraki looks!! Post your pics :)
athens-greece-720x480.jpg

Visit Anavissos beach near Athens!!

In a lot of ways, Anavissos is a typical beach. You can easily come here for the day to relax and enjoy the water and sun. There are plenty of sun beds and umbrellas to rent, which means that you don’t need to bring your own supplies. Because this is a resort area, there are plenty of other things to do. You can spend time in this whole area exploring the shops, eating in some of the restaurants, and even exploring the other sites at Cape Sounion like the Temple of Poseidon.

Athens Marathon Event Opens September 1

Share and discuss your Athens photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter