1 - 4 of 4 Posts

kosta_karapinotis

Have any of you spoken to any people near Athens? How is the situation now? What is the aftermath? I am keeping everyone in my thoughts

ellinasgolfer0320

I think they might be out now. I haven't seen anything on the news here about them (3 weeks ago the news was talking about them nonstop), and 2 weeks ago when my wife and I drove to her village we didn't see any fires but we did see a plane used to fight fires...

Reactions: kosta_karapinotis

kosta_karapinotis

I also don't see anything on the news anymore so they're probably out....but the damage is done

k_tsoukalas

Greece is so dry, it must be scary in the height of summer when it's so hot! I am thankful the fires have been put out.

Beautiful views from our day trip to Aegina

We took a wonderful day trip to Aegina from Athens! The ferry boat was so short and delightful. It took about one hour from Piraeus which is the country’s largest port. We rented an ATV which was about 35€ for the day and took it around the whole island. It’s definitely not touristy and much more quiet than other islands. I definitely recommend it for a quick getaway.

7FBADC0A-C80A-461C-8397-C0189933A9D5.jpeg

Researching the Temple of Poseidon

I am going to visit Greece soon to take some photos and enjoy the country in general (I am a photographer). One of the stops I plan to make is to the Temple of Poseidon and I was told to go at sunset. What do you guys think of that advice?

Anyway, ahead of the trip, I thought I would research the place a bit.... Does anyone have anything to add?

Has Anyone Watched a Game in Opap Arena?

I am a huge sports fan but have never watched a football game at Opap Arena. I am trying to figure out if I should take in a game next time I am in Greece. From what I understand, the Arena is in the Athens area? Here's the link:

Any recommendations you have would be great. In particular, I see from the website that there is a restaurant there. Is it any good, or should I plan to eat somewhere else?

Athens Full of Tourists’ as Greece Extends Tourism Season !

View of the Acropolis from Thisseio

Thisseio is a great place for cafes and rooftop bars and restaraunts that have stunning views of the acropolis both during the day and at night. This picture was taken from Thisseio View, a cafe named perfectly for one of the best views in the city. The food is pretty good, nothing amazing but definitely worth going for a drink and a snack.
0B79373D-6706-4436-90F9-5EDB46B3B37E.jpeg
Share and discuss your Athens photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter