1 - 3 of 3 Posts

cf_fraiser

Funny enough, I have a quick 8 hour layover in Athens before going to Turkey for a business trip. I've never really explored the area by the airport. Is there anything to do there?

francescool

Totally! There's a really nice beach town called Porto Rafti with great tavernas and really clear blue waters. It's about twenty minutes from the airport and there are also some small hotels if you would like to stop and rest

blopez34

Last time I went to the Athens airport I stayed in Porto Rafti and it was amazing. We had dinner at the limani (port) at a great pizza restaurant. It's a great place for a layover

Are there student discounts for Athens museum tickets?

I just moved to Athens a few months ago but I haven't been to any of the museums because of the pandemic but I'm planning on going this summer. Does anyone know if there are student discounts for museum tickets?

What are your favorite things to do in Monastiraki?

I love to browse all of the amazing leather shops and buy gifts for my friends back home! What are your favorite things to do in Monastiraki?

monastiraki.jpeg

The Daphne Monastery is beautiful!!

This is one of my favorite places to visit outside of Athens! It's considered a masterpiece of the Byzantine Empire and there are 11th century frescos, religious paintings, and icons. The monastery is right at the edge of the city of Athens in the suburb of Chaidari.

Daphni-Monastery-Athens-720x480.jpg

What are some of the best young and trendy student hangouts in Athens?

I'm looking to make more friends in the city and get to know the younger crowd. Does anyone know where the more trendy spots are? Thanks!

Is there anything to do near the Athens airport?

Funny enough, I have a quick 8 hour layover in Athens before going to Turkey for a business trip. I've never really explored the area by the airport. Is there anything to do there?

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss your Athens photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter