1 - 7 of 7 Posts

acamp7

I want to take a few hours and explore the city before I hop onto my flight to Santorini but I don't want to lug my bags around. Is there anywhere that I can keep my luggage for the day?

What a great option!!! Everyone should know about this :) If I knew about this before I would have left the airport during my tragic flight delays where I had gotten so bored waiting at the terminal

I want to take a few hours and explore the city before I hop onto my flight to Santorini but I don't want to lug my bags around. Is there anywhere that I can keep my luggage for the day?
At athens airport, just ask where it is.

There is a left luggage in the check in hall at Suvarnhabumi airport (assuming that's where you will be). It is approximately behind block Q. There is a big sign there. Hope this helps.

There is a left luggage in the check in hall at Suvarnhabumi airport (assuming that's where you will be). It is approximately behind block Q. There is a big sign there. Hope this helps.
So detailed! Thank you for this

This is interesting. Has anyone used this before? I would only really feel safe using a locker...

Taking the Ferry to Mykonos?

I am planning a trip for Greece next year to Greece. I usually fly into Athens and then fly into a place like Santorini or Mykonos from there.

I plan to go to Mykonos next summer and I am kind of sick of flying.

Is the ferry situation easy from Piraeus? Is this a better option than airplanes?

Someone told me I could wait until the last minute and buy the tickets that day, but I am not sure I feel comfortable with that...

Visiting the Cycladic Museum

Though I will be in Mykonos for a while when I come to Greece (soon!) I will have some time in Athens.

I will be tied up with wedding festivities on Mykonos, but I will have some time. So, I want to learn about the history and culture of the island. I know there has to be more to it there than all the parties and the beach scene.

I plan to visit the Cycladic Museum in Athens to get ready. Is there anything I should keep in mind while I explore the museum?

Athens airport question...

There's a group of us going to Athens and our flights get in the same day, but at different times.

Is there an easy spot to wait for the rest of our group outside of security, like a cafe or restaurant, or even an area with chairs to sit... I have only been to this airport once, and I don't remember any details about what happens after security.

Tips for saving money in Athens?

I'm planning a trip to Athens and though I'm excited, I'm also trying to be mindful of my budget. The charm of historical sites like the Acropolis, the Plaka district, and experiencing the vibrant Greek culture is something I cannot put a price tag on. However, I am looking for ways to stretch my euros further while enjoying what Athens has to offer.

Does anyone have tips or personal experiences to share on saving money while traveling in Athens?

athens-greece.jpg

Should you come to Athens in the winter?

I have never been to Greece in winter and I was considering it. I found this video - it was very informative! Thought I'd share:

Share and discuss your Athens photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back