1 - 9 of 9 Posts

dimi_pat

I live in Athens and I love the city life but I've but wanting to see what the other great city in Greece has to offer. But as always I'm travelling on a budget. So it Thessaloniki expensive? And are there any tips for making it more affordable?

I live in Athens and I love the city life but I've but wanting to see what the other great city in Greece has to offer. But as always I'm travelling on a budget. So it Thessaloniki expensive? And are there any tips for making it more affordable?
Thessaloniki is not expensive at all, a bit cheaper than Athens. I would suggest you check out hotel prices on the internet.

Reactions: ssherie_

ssherie_

Thessaloniki is not expensive at all, a bit cheaper than Athens. I would suggest you check out hotel prices on the internet.
Definitely cheaper than Athens!

k_tsoukalas

Thessaloniki is definitely cheaper than Athens! It's a great city, filled with a youthful population and a lot of cultural things to enjoy, like museums and art galleries.

ladytina

I have found that it can be pricey but it isn't as bad as Athens. It all depends on the type of vacation you have. You'll spend most of your money on your hotel, so it is good to choose a nice one that is also affordable.

Reactions: xmelissaa

xmelissaa

I have found that it can be pricey but it isn't as bad as Athens. It all depends on the type of vacation you have. You'll spend most of your money on your hotel, so it is good to choose a nice one that is also affordable.
Very true. Hotels are the most expensive. In comparison to the US, dining is pretty cheap but groceries are expensive. At least that's what I've noticed

Eirini

Check also in Airbnb or world Hostel. Ano poli( άνω Πόλη) is very nice neighborhood und near to centro, but there is also busses to go to the center.

Reactions: paharo45

paharo45

Check also in Airbnb or world Hostel. Ano poli( άνω Πόλη) is very nice neighborhood und near to centro, but there is also busses to go to the center.
I recommend ano poli as well when traveling to Thessaloniki, it's my favourite neighborhood

ladytina

I recommend ano poli as well when traveling to Thessaloniki, it's my favourite neighborhood
I really enjoyed my time there, too. I agree! You should go there, as well.

Visit the monument of Alexander the Great in Thessaloniki

Eating and drinking your way through Thessaloniki!

This video offers some great suggestions! Ill definitely be checking these places out when I plan to go this winter :)

Look at this beautiful Thessaloniki sunset

We arrived to our friends house outside of Thessaloniki yesterday and were greeted by this stunning sunset

IMG_2777.jpg

Do I have to pay to visit monasteries in Thessaloniki?

I was thinking to visit Panagia Ikosifinissa, Vlatadon and Agia Theodora. Do I have to pay to enter? If so, about how much is it per monastery?

The National Theatre of Northern Greece is a great place to watch shows

Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter