1 - 3 of 3 Posts

kosta_karapinotis

I saw another user posting that people shouldn't visit Athens during August because all of the locals are away on vacation and a lot of the businesses are closed. Does this apply for Thessaloniki as well?

Reactions: auroracoor1

ladytina

Most of Greece is pretty quiet in August, but it is the most noticeable in in Athens. Thessaloniki definitely slows down, though.

Reactions: auroracoor1

k_tsoukalas

I saw another user posting that people shouldn't visit Athens during August because all of the locals are away on vacation and a lot of the businesses are closed. Does this apply for Thessaloniki as well?

Yes, but to a lesser extent. Greece quiets down in August because Greeks take their vacations. Many, however, take that opportunity to visit their relatives in other parts of Greece. I found that the islands were still busy.

Thessaloniki Still Struggling to Increase Hotel Stays .

The reduction in Domestic travelers is a sign of economical situation where people cannot afford to go for holidays.This season has been very tough,an old colleague from Mykonos now living in New York was there for a month in summer just gone and she said she was so sad to see many businesses closed and the difficult times were obviously felt all around. https://news.gtp.gr/2021/09/28/thessaloniki-still-struggling-to-increase-hotel-stays/

Are there any traditional Greek villages near Thessaloniki?

I love the feel of a small village. Is there anything near the city that I can visit?

Take a cruise to Mount Athos from Thessaloniki!

This is a great thing to do if you're wanting to do some excursions in the city! There are even some cruises with a glass bottom where you can see all of the beautiful sea life below. :) I highly recommend it

Perea beach is in the middle of one of the best resort towns!

Perea beach is my favourite beach in Thessaloniki! It's is also a town that has a thriving resort community, which means that there will be plenty of shops, restaurants, and cafes to explore while you are there.

Gulf-of-Thessaloniki-720x415.jpg

Eating and drinking your way through Thessaloniki!

This video offers some great suggestions! Ill definitely be checking these places out when I plan to go this winter :)

Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter