1 - 5 of 5 Posts

efhernandez_

I think yes!! I found this great recipe on YouTube

greekality

Yes of course it is! Actually the tastiest I have ever tried is hortopita with a mix of greens like chards, sorrel, chervil, spring onions, fennel and leeks. Unbelievable taste!

greggd12

Yes of course it is! Actually the tastiest I have ever tried is hortopita with a mix of greens like chards, sorrel, chervil, spring onions, fennel and leeks. Unbelievable taste!
I think the onion and fresh herbs really add the flavour! Believe it or not, not everything needs to have cheese to be tasty!! Even though feta is amazing

Reactions: Hash and greekality

Patisqua

Yes it is. Not sure where you live, but here in Sydney Vegan fetta is available in the supermarket. A combination of fresh herbs and spices like cloves and cinnamon enhance the flavour. Patisqua

Reactions: Hash

Hash

I think the onion and fresh herbs really add the flavour! Believe it or not, not everything needs to have cheese to be tasty!! Even though feta is amazing
This sounds really nice.....We can't get most of the ingredients mentioned above here in Thailand..

How to make pligouri salata

This is such a light and refreshing dish!! Here's how to make it
  • 4 tablespoons Greek olive oil
  • 1 medium onion, chopped into small pieces
  • 1 cup bulgur wheat
  • 1 cup water
  • 3 medium tomatoes, sliced (remove the cores)
  • 3 scallions, thinly sliced
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
  • 1 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
  • 1 tablespoons fresh lemon zest, from one whole lemon
  • Juice of one whole lemon
  • Sea salt, to taste
  • Black pepper, to taste
All you need to do is finely chop everything and toss in the dressing!

Pligouri-Salata-720x480.jpg

How do I make Greek lamb kabobs?

Does anyone have a good recipe for lamb kabobs? They look something like this:

Ground-Lamb-Kebabs-720x1079.jpg

How to make Greek artichoke salad!

First, remove the tough outer leaves of the artichokes and cut off part of the stems. Cut off about 1 inch from the tips. Cut artichokes in half lengthwise and scoop out the choke. Drop into boiling salted water seasoned with the juice of one lemon and one tablespoon olive oil. You may also roast the artichokes in the oven as shown in the picture . Cook for 30 minutes or until tender. Serve with a dressing of 1/2 cup olive oil and 4 tablespoons lemon juice, which is about the juice of 1 lemon. This is a super simple recipe and its not like your typical "salad." A salad in Greece can just be marinated vegetables.

Artichokes-720x960.jpg

This Greek chestnut salad is perfect for winter!

Who knew chestnuts could be made into a salad!! I love making this during the winter months :)

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound chestnuts, roasted, peeled and chopped
  • 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
  • 1 tablespoon finely minced onion
  • 1 tablespoon fresh, chopped parsley
  • 1 teaspoon fresh, chopped sage
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • Lettuce leaves, for serving
  • Lemon wedges, to garnish
The recipe is super simple, all you do is mix the roasted chestnuts with the rest of the ingredients and you're all set!! Enjoy

Kastana-Salata-720x480.jpg

Pictures of the beautiful Mykonos

Mykonos is such a beautiful island, don't take it for granted just because it sometimes gets a bad reputation!! Post your Mykonos pics so we can see the true Mykonos
Mykonos-720x480.jpg
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter