1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Hash

seleanor

Wow this island actually looks beautiful...I hope whoever buys it actually preserves its beauty and doesn't turn it into a little Mykonos

Reactions: Hash

Hash

Wow this island actually looks beautiful...I hope whoever buys it actually preserves its beauty and doesn't turn it into a little Mykonos
Foleghandros is the next Mykonos....so they say...I think one Mykonos is enough....Even the other islanders made jokes about us when we used to visit Syros,as soon as we told them we are from Mykonos..... they used to react and say we must be mad and crazy like other Mykonians....😂😂😂!

Reactions: dubai_suzie

dubai_suzie

Foleghandros is the next Mykonos....so they say...I think one Mykonos is enough....Even the other islanders made jokes about us when we used to visit Syros,as soon as we told them we are from Mykonos..... they used to react and say we must be mad and crazy like other Mykonians....😂😂😂!
Hmmm now I know to visit Foleghandros before its gets too expensive for everyday people

Best places to visit on mainland Greece?

I know, the islands are a popular choice. I've been to the islands so many times, but I have seen very little of the mainland. I have been to Athens and the surrounding area, but that's about it. Do you guys have any recommendations for me? I am interested in seeing Corinth, the Peloponnese, the main archaeological sites like Delphi and Olympia and maybe Marathon. Is there anything else I should consider?

Traveling to Greece During Christmas

Has anyone here visited Greece for Christmas? I have only ever gone to Greece during the warmer months!

Specifically, I am trying to figure out if this is something I want to experience some day. I really want to learn about he real culture of Greece. I know, I have my traditions that have been passed down, but unless I go to Greece at Christmas someday, I am not sure I will ever truly understand.

Are things closed in Greece for December because of the holiday and will I have trouble as a visitor? I do have friends I can visit and maybe even stay with. It might be more fun that way.

Where in Mykonos is this?

I bumped into a pretty pic of Mykonos - I am still trying to plan that trip with my friends! We are still considering Mykonos, even though some people are iffy. I found this pic - it's so pretty. Does anyone have an idea where this is, and what the vantage point is? One friend is saying she would love to try to replicate the scene from this photo if we do make it to that island...

mykonos-view.jpg

Greek Tourism Revenues Exceed €18 Billion !

Now isn't this an impressive number!?.... Not final yet.... even with this figure Greece is extremely vulnerable to go into recession!!
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
TikTok Pinterest YouTube