1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Tpebop

For example @ 9PM local time its 33 C

greeceluvl74

For example @ 9PM local time its 33 C
WOW!!! That is hot for 9 PM. For me, I long for this weather when it is cold out, but then the heat can feel like A LOT when it's happening.

mastichas09

Reactions: Bazzanjack1

Tpebop

It is on Rhodes.At 5AM local time today 3 July it is 23 C rising to 39C plus later

francescool

It is on Rhodes.At 5AM local time today 3 July it is 23 C rising to 39C plus later
Wow I feel terrible for people who don't have AC

Tpebop

We do not have AC. Just open some doors & windows. All have fly screens fitted .The bedroom shutters remain closed all the time .

dpappas87

We do not have AC. Just open some doors & windows. All have fly screens fitted .The bedroom shutters remain closed all the time .
Are you in Rhdoes?

Tpebop

yes, in afando.have lived on rhodes over 12 years

dpappas87

yes, in afando.have lived on rhodes over 12 years
Wow i've never been to Afando. I just looked it up and it looks beautiful- right on the water! That's how I would like to live. How is life there? Cheers

greek_ggirl

Tpebop

To dpappas87. the village is not right by the water. From the village to the beach is about a 30 min. walk.From our place to the beach is a 15. min walk

dpappas87

Tpebop

yes that is the village

Take a day trip to Symi island from Rhodes

Taking a day trip is the easiest way to see many of the islands in Greece. Symi is a pretty small island, so I don't recommend spending many days there. What you can do is take a short ferry to the island and spend it walking around, exploring and heading to the beach. If you're lucky, you'll be able to check out the annual music festival which features artists from around Greece.

Welcome to Pefkos, Rhodes

Pefkos is an absolutely amazing destination to go to on the island! It has a great beach and wonderful restaurants and coffee shops in the area. The beach is not overcrowded and I personally think its a great place to go with family and kids. There aren't too many organized activities on the beach but it is great for swimming. Here is a great areal view of the beach.

lot of flooding after 29 December storms

Lindos & Pefkos had a lot of damage .

We had snow last night on Rhodes

Most of the island had the snow.Even on coastal areas like faliraki & afandou. The 1st time in 35 years

The best wineries to visit in Rhodes

I've done quite a bit of research about the different types of wines in Rhodes and what wineries produce the best wine. Of course, wine are always up to your personal taste and no one can truly tell you what is the best wine for you. The most popular and successful wineries in Rhodes are Alexandris Family Winery, Kounakis, Tatakis, Kounakis and Piperis. If you've been to any of these, please let me know how your experience was!
Share and discuss your Rhodes photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter