1 - 6 of 6 Posts

mastichas09

This beach is stunning! What is your favorite?
kalafatis-beach-mykonos-720x480.jpg

Reactions: Hash

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
My favorite beach on Mykonos is Megali Ammos:

megali-ammos-beach-mykonos-720x480.jpeg

Hash

This beach is stunning! What is your favorite?
View attachment 731
So if you zoom....my house would be 3rd or 4th from the top left on this image..! Just imagine this beach I fell in love with from early 90s..❤️❤️I would say my favourites are Lulos,Kalo Livadi,Mersini,Agia Anna,Kapari,Fokos..... Panormos and Agios Sostis, Agios Ioannis too ....oh the list is endless.!!!!👋

Last edited:
Reactions: tomipark

tomipark

So if you zoom....my house would be 3rd or 4th from the top left on this image..! Just imagine this beach I fell in love with from early 90s..❤️❤️I would say my favourites are Lulos,Kalo Livadi,Mersini,Agia Anna,Kapari,Fokos..... Panormos and Agios Sostis, Agios Ioannis too ....oh the list is endless.!!!!👋
That's beautiful!! How lucky were you :) I love Agios Ioannis too

Hash

That's beautiful!! How lucky were you :) I love Agios Ioannis too
Now you know the Taverna at Agios Ioannis?..... Where they filmed 'Shirley Valentine'..... belongs to Giorgio Xidakis ....I used to practically live there in the early 90s.... You know how it is?......The beach on the other side of the island is much more fun😀......same with PARANGA..... Without beach chairs and umbrellas!!!!.... Same with Kalafatis without beach chairs and umbrellas...It all began to change after 2000+.....

k_tsoukalas

Now you know the Taverna at Agios Ioannis?..... Where they filmed 'Shirley Valentine'..... belongs to Giorgio Xidakis ....I used to practically live there in the early 90s.... You know how it is?......The beach on the other side of the island is much more fun😀......same with PARANGA..... Without beach chairs and umbrellas!!!!.... Same with Kalafatis without beach chairs and umbrellas...It all began to change after 2000+.....
I don't know it! That sounds like a great spot, I will have to check it out next time I am in Greece.

Mykonos Bar Taken To Court By American Tourists For Charging €600 For Two Drinks And A Meze !

Sadly nothing directly will happen to this place..... and no-one has the power to shut them down......yes they will be fined...so what?....There are countless negative reviews on Tripadvisor which I have already posted.....the way I have understood this is that they believe this is media exposure to enhance further business....I have lived and worked in Tourism Industry in various parts and I must say this is spectacularly show biz style negative PR ..... ripping off Travellers is not new in Mykonos.....I will ask my friends who are born and live there what the motives are behind this to allow this situation get out of control....
https://greekcitytimes.com/2022/06/02/mykonos-bar-american-tourists/

Mykonos scam

My Mykonos recommendations for a 3 day weekend

Mykonos is one of the most fun islands to go to!! It has some of the best beaches, nightlife and daytime activities. Here is a layout of what I would recommend for a three day trip to Mykonos :)

Day 1:
- Paralia Megali Ammos beach
- Lunch at Pelican restaurant
- Visit Windmills of Mykonos
- Super Paradise Beach Club

Day 2:
- Paralia Korfos
- Ride around the island with 4 wheelers
- Parasailing at Super Paradise Beach
- Dinner at Kastro's Restaurant

Day 3:
- Armenistis Lighthouse
- Lunch at Nautilus
- Psarrou Beach
- Monastery Of Panagia Tourliani
- Dinner at To Maereio

Ftelia beach is the best secluded beaches in Mykonos

Ftelia beach almost has no organized beach clubs or restaurants, which makes it really great because there is a lot of privacy and little noise. It's also very cost effective as you don't need to pay for a beach chair and you don't need to order any food or drinks. I like to just set up a towel and enjoy the nature with my friends and family. The beach is located just by Ano Mera village so there's lots to do before or after your swim. The only thing you'll need to be aware of us at the beach gets pretty windy. Good luck!
Share and discuss your Mykonos photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter