1 - 1 of 1 Posts

acamp7

I love anything and everything related to Greek Mbhalati, and I'm just so happy that Netflix is releasing a new show that is based on Greek mythology. The show is supposed to be a contemporary spin on Greek mythology and has some dark and comedic undertones. I've been a homebody ever since the pandemic and I love having movie nights at home with the family. I can't wait for this new series to come out!! Will you be watching it?

Have you ever wanted to read the Odyssey without reading the Odyssey?

If you're not a big reader like myself, this video is perfect! If you didn't know, the odyssey is one of the most important classical poems in Greece. It is a massive poem that reads like a book. It follows the story of Homer and his escapades throughout different areas of Greece after the Trojan War, specifically Ithaca. Let me know what you think of this summary.

Who is Hestia in Greek Mythology

Hestia is the Greek goddess of the hearth, home, and of domesticity. She is the only Greek god and goddess who did and does not have an altar or temple dedicated to her since every home had a special altar for her, since she ruled the home life. She was also considered to be a virgin, since her role was in the home and in order to help out with the home she had to be pure. People would leave many offerings at their altars when there was any chaos or dysfunction in their households so that Hestia would resolve them.

The classic myth of the golden fleece

This is a classic story from Greek mythology. As you will see in the video, this fleece was from a coveted golde ram whose hair was made out of gold. Anyone who was able to get their hands on this fleece would be considered a true king and would gain access to power over the land. This is where the story gets a little more complicated...

Unknown Deity

A near to unknown God of greek mythology had come to attention, This God is the youngest of the Greek deity’s and may live among us today. T

His name is Somnios

the only source of information found about him is in a book underneath the temple of Apollo .
According to the scripture he is the son of Apollo and Apate
He is the God of bad dreams, Deception ( shared with his mother) Jealousy, double meanings, paranoia, negative thinking, paranormality, curses, spirits.
According to Apollo’s manuscript
Somnios lives today as a human and reincarnates when the the body dies

Did you know that you can book Greek mythology vacation packages?

I can't believe this even exists! But I'm so glad it does. This website offers vacation packages that are based on Greek mythology. If you've always wanted to go to famous places in Greek mythology, you definitely need to look into this. I've only been to a few locations on this list, but I definitely recommend Athens, Mount Olympus and Delphi for those that are interested in travelling through history and time while in Greece.

Share and discuss Greek mythology!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter