1 - 3 of 3 Posts

kosta_karapinotis

This video provides some great and helpful tips about traveling to Kefalonia! Happy traveling

dubai_suzie

Myrtos beach looks stunning!! It kins of reminds me of the beaches in Zakynthos...so blue

k_tsoukalas

Oh my gosh, what a stunning beach and pretty island. It looks so gorgeous! Is it as idyllic in person as it looks in the photos?

Is Kefalonia expensive in comparison to other Greek islands?

What are the prices like of hotels, food, and experiences? Is it affordable?

Visit the Nautical Museum in Kefalonia!

The Nautical Museum of Sami in Kefalonia was established by a resident of Sami named Sotiris Marketos who is a sailor’s son who developed a fascination for shipbuilding and the sea. He would go on the serve the Greek shipping industry for over three decades. He was concerned that his naval town didn’t have a nautical museum and decided to create one. You can learn about shipbuilding, the different types of vessels, the environment, and creatures of the area. View wooden models of vessels that span the course of 3,500 years. These vessels are made by Sortiris Marketos himself.

What should I NOT do in Kefalonia?

Did anyone have any negative experiences that could help me out in understanding what I should avoid while visiting Kefalonia?? I know there's so many positives about the island, but I find it helpful to see the good and the bad :)

Are most of the tavernas open in Argostoli?

What is the state of things in Kefalonia? Are most of the restaurants and tavernas open? Thanks everyone!!

Which port is best to rent a boat: Sami or Poros?

I'm thinking of renting a boat to travel around the island and the nearby waters. Which port is it best to leave from? Does it make a difference?
Share and discuss your Kefalonia photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter