1 - 3 of 3 Posts

tomipark

This little village is stunning and has one of the calmest beaches I've ever been to (although there are pebbles). I highly recommend it for anyone who's looking to spend a few days in peace.

"It is a small port town located on the coast of Sofiko Bay, in the southeastern part of Corinthia, Greece." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korfos

Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 1.37.21 AM.png

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member

k_tsoukalas

This village looks like a real gem. Thank you so much for sharing!

Nearly 8 Million Tourists Visit Greece in First Half of Year

Mind-opening Wellness Tips Post Covid - The Greek Vibe!

Best Photo Spots in Greece?

I am a photographer and I love to travel to Greece to take photos. I am scheduled to travel there again this fall, and I thought I would make a list of some places to visit. I am also wondering if you guys have any recommendations! Here is what I have come up with - chime in with some suggestions, too - I will be in Greece for at least a few weeks:

1. Temple of Poseidon - Cape Sounion (I hear there are great sunset shots here)
2. Oia, Santorini at sunset - I haven't sorted out quite where in the village yet butI figured I'd figure that out when I get there
3. Chania, Crete (I need some from here for my collection)
4. Slice of life types of photos in Athens and other cities
5. Plenty of food photos all over Greece

Let me know if you have some standout places/ types of photos I should take.

Fun Museums to Visit in Thessaloniki

I love Thessaloniki. There's also so much history! These museums I can visit over and over again. Those of you who know a lot about this city - please leave your tip choices! I always enjoy trying new things:

1. Archeological Museum
2. War Museum
3. Thessaloniki Museum of Photography (such talent on display!)
4. Byzantine Culture Museum

Aside from that, always love being near the White Tower - it's such a classic, iconic landmark.

Advice for Staying Fit While on Vacation in Greece?

I live in California, and I am used to living a pretty fit lifestyle. Recently, I have been a weight loss journey, connecting to my Greek roots and the healthy foods that are part of the Mediterranean diet. Although I wasn't active for a long time, I have found that there are plenty of opportunities where I live in LA. There are a lot of gyms, parks, I go for daily walks, etc.

I am planning my next trip to Greece and I need your advice. How do I stay fit? We are planning to spend a few days in Athens and then do some island hopping. We won't be staying in a hotel with a fitness center. I plan to pack something portable, like my fitness bands, so I can do a quick workout in my room if I need to. Yet, I see that Greeks are very fit. What should I do while in the country? How do Greeks stay fit?

I am older, but in decent shape. I can walk, hike, etc. I was thinking of heading to Crete just so I can hike the Samaria Gorge. I have friend my age who did it and thought it was a great experience. I am open to any advice you can give.
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter