1 - 1 of 1 Posts

paharo45

You would think that Athens- a city covered in graffiti would be the best place for street art in Greece but I was so surprised with how beautiful the street art is in Thessaloniki! I really admire the artists there, and I must visit again soon. Filia!

Who is Thessaloniki named after?

What is the root of this city's beautiful name? I love it :) Greetings from Melbourne

thessaloniki.jpeg

Lesser known fact: Thessaloniki has some of the best street art!

You would think that Athens- a city covered in graffiti would be the best place for street art in Greece but I was so surprised with how beautiful the street art is in Thessaloniki! I really admire the artists there, and I must visit again soon. Filia!

Is Thessaloniki an expensive city?

I live in Athens and I love the city life but I've but wanting to see what the other great city in Greece has to offer. But as always I'm travelling on a budget. So it Thessaloniki expensive? And are there any tips for making it more affordable?

Agios Nikolaos Orfanos Church

Agios Nikolaos Orfanos Church is one of the oldest churches in the city! I love this church, and it has some of the nicest frescos in my opinion. I'm not sure if it's still functioning for services, does anyone know?

What is the climate like in Thessaloniki?

I know that the city is more north so I'm wondering if it's colder than other places in the mainland. I'll be traveling in July...is it chilly in the nighttime, especially by the water?

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter