acamp7

Crete is just elite! What can I say! Please share your pics

Crete-768x413.jpg

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
attractions-crete (1).jpeg

k_tsoukalas

This is one of my favorite all-time hikes - Samaria Gorge...

Samaria-Gorge-376x220.jpg

This Cretan food is the original farm to table!

I can't think of a more authentic and traditional way to eat Greek food. People in the United States would call this farm to table, but I just call it a regular day in Crete. I love the traditional way of cooking, it is so healthy, family oriented, and sustainable. I really hope that slowly the world starts to wake up and that we return back to this way of living and eating our food. Cheers to the Cretans who are keeping this culture alive.

Did you know that most Cretan restaurants will serve you raki and watermelon after your meal?

Whether you ask for it or not, most restaurants in Crete will serve you raki and watermelon free of charge after your meal. This is part of the Cretan culture and is considered very hospitable and philotimo. I personally always looked forward to it and it was a great part of the dining experience.

How to spend 5 days in Crete

Crete is one of those places that requires at least 5 days, but in my opinion it's best to go for at least one week, especially if you want to travel to all of the different cities. As always with Crete, I recommend renting a car and traveling to the different parts. This video shows a good outline of what can be done in a few days, the only thing that would take away is visiting Spinalonga island, in my opinion its not worth it and there's not much to see, only if youre very interested in the history.

What is the highest number in words from ancient greek

Maybe you can tell me what is the highest number to use in words in antique greek numeral system? Please help me ou really trying to find this!

What do you need to know before visiting Chania, Crete!

When you're visiting Chania, I personally recommend sticking around the city. The restaurants are fantastic and it's also a city that's right by the water so you'll be able to go to the beach whenever you like. The nightlife is also pretty great, and there's really talented musicians who play live music in the summertime. This video outlines everything about the city perfectly. If you've been, drop some recommendations in the comments!

Share and discuss your Crete photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter