4. Museum of Ancient Agora
5. Benaki Museum of Islamic Art

Greek_John87

1. Acropolis Museum
2. National Archaeological Museum
3. Museum of Illusions Athens
4. Museum of Ancient Agora
5. Benaki Museum of Islamic Art
Yes to all of these. I love the National Archaeological Museum - it is one of my favorite places because there are a ton of artifacts here.

Reactions: acamp7

acamp7

Yes to all of these. I love the National Archaeological Museum - it is one of my favorite places because there are a ton of artifacts here.
Agreed. I think the National Archaeological Museum is probably the best museum in Greece. The architecture is just stunning and it really showcases the artifacts so well. It's one of the greatest modern buildings in Athens. It's a must visit for tourists

Monastiraki shopping vlog in Athens

This video takes me back to shopping in the sidestreets of Monastiraki! It's the best part of visiting the city in my opinion and a great way to buy handmade goods from Greece that support the local economy. Also I love getting souvenirs and authentic packaged Greek foods like honey, tea, and desserts!

What are some of the best young and trendy student hangouts in Athens?

I'm looking to make more friends in the city and get to know the younger crowd. Does anyone know where the more trendy spots are? Thanks!

Glyfada is the best getaway if you are staying in Athens

I'm an Athens native, so i'm always looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city! I really recommend going to the beachside restaurants in Glyfada, there's so nice especially at night because the moonlight view is stunning. Here's a good youtube video that my son found so it can give you a better idea of what Glyfada is like

Advice: Don't visit Athens in August!

I tried this once and it was a huge mistake! Most Athenians leave Athens during August to go on vacation or to go to their villages so the city is super empty. Even many of the bars/clubs/restaurants are shut down for the month! Don't make the same mistake as me, if you want to go to Athens, only stay for a few days and don't expect to go out a lot or meet many locals

The acropolis museum is the best blend of modern and ancient architecture!

I love how the acropolis museum blends modern and ancient architecture. Just look at how the two are juxtaposed! Let me know if there are any other cool architecture spots in Athens!

acropolis museum.jpg

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss your Athens photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter