1 - 3 of 3 Posts

dpappas87

I might visit Corfu this year and I love the beach. Are is a list of beaches:

- Sidari Beach
- Corfu Beach
- Agios Spiridon Beach
- Angelokastro Beach
- Paleokastritsa Beach

I know next to nothing about these beaches. Which are good? Did I miss any? If I only had time for a few of these, which would you choose?

Mirtiotissa is my favorite beach with a monastery of the same name. If you want a really nice tour of the monastery, visit in the morning or late afternoon, avoiding the traditional siesta time.

Paleokastritsa Beach and its monastery is a must see, but will be full of tourists. The boat ride into the caves is special too. However after you visit Paleokastritsa, I’d recommend driving up the Lakones road towards Krini for the Byzantine Angelokastro and stupendous views. There are numerous cafes along this road. If you get there at a quiet moment without tour buses, the balcony of The Golden Fox offers great views, drinks & meals, rooms and a swimming pool.

Mirtiotissa is more removed from the beaten path because at least as of my last visit, buses couldn’t get down to it and even after you park your car, there’s a bit of a walk down and back up.

Reactions: k_tsoukalas

Mirtiotissa is my favorite beach with a monastery of the same name. If you want a really nice tour of the monastery, visit in the morning or late afternoon, avoiding the traditional siesta time.

Paleokastritsa Beach and its monastery is a must see, but will be full of tourists. The boat ride into the caves is special too. However after you visit Paleokastritsa, I’d recommend driving up the Lakones road towards Krini for the Byzantine Angelokastro and stupendous views. There are numerous cafes along this road. If you get there at a quiet moment without tour buses, the balcony of The Golden Fox offers great views, drinks & meals, rooms and a swimming pool.

Mirtiotissa is more removed from the beaten path because at least as of my last visit, buses couldn’t get down to it and even after you park your car, there’s a bit of a walk down and back up.

Corfu sounds like such a parade! Thank you for your thoughtful suggestions. When I make it to Corfu some day, I will keep some of these in mind - I love getting suggestions from people who know what is going on.

Prioritizing Things to Do in Corfu

I want to do the following in Corfu - problem is I only have a few nights. Any advice on how I can prioritize?

- Old fortress
- Canal d'Amour
- Meander though old town
- Paleolastritsa beach
- Casa Parlante
- Archaeological Museum
- Nightlife - whatever I can find

Is this too much for 3 nights?

Three Days or So in Corfu?

I was thinking of visiting Corfu over summer of 2024 and I am not sure how many days to stay. I was thinking that three days is a good amount, and that will enable me to visit other places in Greece (and other people - I have friends and family to visit).

Anyway 3 or 4 days really is ideal. But now, what to do? I have been watching a lot of content - there is some great travel content on YouTube and people love to visit Greece. Anyway, here is a great video:

Visiting Corfu off the Beaten Track?

I'm currently planning my itinerary for a trip to the beautiful island of Corfu, and while I've got all the major sights on my list, I'm particularly interested in those special "off the beaten path" spots that only the locals know about or seasoned travelers have stumbled upon.

I'm looking to explore the less commercialized areas, serene beaches, quaint villages, or any unique cultural spots that offer an authentic experience beyond the typical tourist attractions.

Does anyone have any personal favorites or undiscovered spots in Corfu they'd be willing to share? I'd love to hear about hidden beaches, local eateries or tavernas, and lesser-known trails or sights worth visiting.

Weather in Corfu Question

I am going to Corfu soon - maybe in about three weeks (mid-September).

What is the weather like? I have never been there...

I know on islands like Crete it's still pretty warm in mid September with beach weather. That island is further south than Corfu. Does it make a huge difference? I will be going to Crete, too, so I am trying to figure out how to pack.

Top places to see on Corfu advice

I'm planning a trip to Corfu and would love to get some insights from this community. From the breathtaking beaches to the rich historical sites, I'm eager to explore what Corfu has to offer but would like to narrow down my list to ensure I see the top attractions.

Could anyone share their personal favorites or must-see spots in Corfu? I'm interested in both popular tourist destinations and any hidden gems you think shouldn't be missed. Additionally, if there are specific local dishes or restaurants that you believe are quintessential to the Corfu experience, I'd appreciate those recommendations as well.

Thank you in advance for your help!

corfu-greece.jpg
Share and discuss your Corfu photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back