1 - 3 of 3 Posts

acamp7

This is one of the must haves before traveling to Greece! Make sure you fill it out before going, I printed mine out just to be safe

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for sharing the exact link for the PLF form for Greece!🇬🇷🇬🇷🇬🇷

k_tsoukalas

This is one of the must haves before traveling to Greece! Make sure you fill it out before going, I printed mine out just to be safe

Is this the same thing they hand to us on the airplane?

Best places to visit on mainland Greece?

I know, the islands are a popular choice. I've been to the islands so many times, but I have seen very little of the mainland. I have been to Athens and the surrounding area, but that's about it. Do you guys have any recommendations for me? I am interested in seeing Corinth, the Peloponnese, the main archaeological sites like Delphi and Olympia and maybe Marathon. Is there anything else I should consider?

Best place to visit in Greece with a large group?

My next trip to Greece is going to happen soon - maybe late summer of 2023. At first, I thought there would be just a few of us, but the group has grown considerably. Everyone has different travel styles and everyone is chiming in about what they want from the trip. Here are what people desire:

** Good nightlife (doesn't have to be on par with Mykonos, but it has to be fun for people in their mid 20's to mid 30's)

** Shopping (the shoppers in the group aren't super picky, they like to visit souvenir shops, fashion boutiques, that kind of thing)

** Beaches (we all agree on this one - and most of us prefer an organized beach with some restaurants and shops nearby, or close to the place we are staying)

** Outdoor sports - we have a few avid hikers in the group, a few that like things like kayaks and paddle boards, and one scuba diver

** Some of the people are budget conscious, but they have enough money to enjoy a trip to Greece as long as it isn't crazy expensive (so Mykonos or Santorini might be out for them)

** One couple might turn it into their honeymoon

** Not everyone can stay the whole time

I have a few possibilities, and I am open to advice and suggestions: Athens, Crete, Peloponnese (like Monemvasia), Thessaloniki

Day trips from Athens to Hydra?

Do you think I can pull off visiting Hydra for a day trip from Athens? I want to make sure I have enough time there. We are visiting Greece soon for the first time (next year) and we are going to stay in the Athens are the whole time - but we would like to branch out and visiting Hydra seems like a great day trip.

From what I understand, there are regular ferries from Piraeus? Or would it be better to join an organized tour type of thing if I can find one?

World Travel Awards 2022: Greek Tourism clinches global distinctions

It has taken many years in the making as far back as 90s for Greece to be a Globally recognised Tourism Destination....by this I mean having worked in Tourism Industry every year there was a different country for incoming Tourism traffic.... now collectively the arrivals are International..... Very proud about this!❤️❤️👏👏!

Where in Mykonos is this?

I bumped into a pretty pic of Mykonos - I am still trying to plan that trip with my friends! We are still considering Mykonos, even though some people are iffy. I found this pic - it's so pretty. Does anyone have an idea where this is, and what the vantage point is? One friend is saying she would love to try to replicate the scene from this photo if we do make it to that island...

mykonos-view.jpg
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
TikTok Pinterest YouTube