francescool

These animals are the most beautiful part of Greek nature

IMG_2192.JPG

Reactions: Laura48

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
So true!!

I always enjoy hearing the roosters wake me up when staying in the countryside in Greece...however, you forgot to mention seeing donkeys in Greece too!! :D

greek-donkey1-720x540 (1).jpeg

Reactions: Laura48

k_tsoukalas

The animals are so beautiful! Thank you for sharing these photos. Just beware of the shepherds, who could appear at any time in a pickup truck to heard the sheep. If you are in the way you better move! Haha. I was taking a photo of a beautiful scene on Crete when suddenly a herd of sheep with a shepherd in the pickup truck were coming our way. My friends and I had to scramble to the car, and we threw the car in reverse so that we could safely get to an inlet and get out of the way. They were NOT stopping for us LOL

Check out my recommended travel itinerary for 2 weeks in Greece!

I have decided to share an itinerary that I send to all of my friends who want to go to Greece. I have travelled to quite a few places around the country, and feel like I have a good idea of where everyone should visit on their first trip. Of course, I always recommend a two week minimum one visiting Greece. There's just so many things to do, especially if you like the beaches and sightseeing. Let me know what you think!

1. Land in Athens and stay for 4 days (Acropolis, Monastiraki, Thisseio, Glyfada, Kolonaki, and Lykabitos are a must)
2. Spend 3 days in Paros enjoying the beaches and nightlife (Paros has the best of Santorini and Mykonos without being crowded or expensive)
3. Spend 2 days in another island of your choice that is not in the Cyclades (honorable mentions include Corfu, Lefkada, Skiathos)
4. Spend the remaining 5 days driving through Crete and visiting Chania and Rethymno (Elafonisi Beach is a must)

What are some Greek work from home tips?

I’ve been considering being a traveling nomad ever since my company switched to being fully remote. I would love to do this in Greece, but I am a bit skeptical since I have never visited for more than two weeks. Has anyone from abroad started living in Greece during the pandemic? Or do any Greeks have advice on what transitioning my life and work would be like? I live in Australia at the moment but have little to tie me down here. Thank you everyone

Porto Katsiki in Lefkada is one of the best beaches!

Porto Katsiki is definitely one of the best beaches in Lefkada and probably the west coast of Greece. I suggest that you go to the beach pretty early, as the parking gets filled up and it will be difficult to find free parking. I personally like to go to organize beaches, which there are plenty of. You can also find a secluded area of the beach that is open to the public, and you’re able to bring your own towels, umbrellas, and food. Enjoy!

New Tourism campaign!

Similar to my story from the early 90s..... Greece gave me my life back, healed me,rejuvenated me, made me worthy of carrying on and rebuilding my future and the rest is a very long love story♥️♥️.....I think the readers here feel what I contribute and share here!❤️❤️

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter