francescool

These animals are the most beautiful part of Greek nature

IMG_2192.JPG

Reactions: Laura48

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
So true!!

I always enjoy hearing the roosters wake me up when staying in the countryside in Greece...however, you forgot to mention seeing donkeys in Greece too!! :D

greek-donkey1-720x540 (1).jpeg

Reactions: Laura48

k_tsoukalas

The animals are so beautiful! Thank you for sharing these photos. Just beware of the shepherds, who could appear at any time in a pickup truck to heard the sheep. If you are in the way you better move! Haha. I was taking a photo of a beautiful scene on Crete when suddenly a herd of sheep with a shepherd in the pickup truck were coming our way. My friends and I had to scramble to the car, and we threw the car in reverse so that we could safely get to an inlet and get out of the way. They were NOT stopping for us LOL

World Travel Awards 2022: Greek Tourism clinches global distinctions

It has taken many years in the making as far back as 90s for Greece to be a Globally recognised Tourism Destination....by this I mean having worked in Tourism Industry every year there was a different country for incoming Tourism traffic.... now collectively the arrivals are International..... Very proud about this!❤️❤️👏👏!

Best recommendation for Passports, Visas, IDs, Driver license

If you need Travel guides, Passports, Visas, IDs, Driver license, or other high level documents from US, UK, Europe, Canada, Russia, Turkey and Central Asia email; expressdocumentsproducer [at] gmail dot com
WhatsApp : + 1 2 1 0 5 9 3 8 1 7 6

Best places to visit on mainland Greece?

I know, the islands are a popular choice. I've been to the islands so many times, but I have seen very little of the mainland. I have been to Athens and the surrounding area, but that's about it. Do you guys have any recommendations for me? I am interested in seeing Corinth, the Peloponnese, the main archaeological sites like Delphi and Olympia and maybe Marathon. Is there anything else I should consider?

Honeymoon in Greece?

So, I plan to do a destination wedding in Greece. My fiancé and I plan to spend about month in Greece and we are inviting friends and family to attend the wedding. There are a lot who do plan to make the trip because they said they're excited to visit Greece.

At some point, though, we plan to ditch the group and have a honeymoon, just the two of us. The wedding will likely be on one of the popular islands, like Mykonos, Santorini, or Crete - but we plan to honeymoon in another spot, maybe a smaller island where we can have a quiet and romantic trip.

Do you all have any recommendations? We were even thinking that maybe the wedding can be in Mykonos and then we can go to Santorini or another island for the honeymoon.

I know, it would help if we could nail down the destination. We just hired a wedding planner in Greece and I am confident it will all come together. I was thinking to maybe even work backwards - pick a honeymoon and then select the destination. Wedding will be fall of 2023.

Greek Tourism Revenues Exceed €18 Billion !

Now isn't this an impressive number!?.... Not final yet.... even with this figure Greece is extremely vulnerable to go into recession!!
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
TikTok Pinterest YouTube