1 - 3 of 3 Posts

cf_fraiser

I can't say this enough! Please make sure that you book way ahead of time for your trip to Greece. I've been looking for hotels and flights, and almost everything is booked. The only air B&Bs and hotels that are left are either extremely expensive or very remote. It seems that people have been at home during Covid, and are feeling to get to Greece. This is a lesson learned for next year. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: Hash

nadellii

I can't say this enough! Please make sure that you book way ahead of time for your trip to Greece. I've been looking for hotels and flights, and almost everything is booked. The only air B&Bs and hotels that are left are either extremely expensive or very remote. It seems that people have been at home during Covid, and are feeling to get to Greece. This is a lesson learned for next year. Good luck to everyone!
The same thing happened to my daughter when she was trying to book, but kids don't listen these days!! Peloponisos and other areas of the mainland usually have more options than the islands

k_tsoukalas

I am always tempted to wait until the last minute to book things because I don't always know my itinerary. This is good advice because waiting can lead to frustrations.

Why you should wear sneakers and comfortable shoes in Greece

This applies to all places in Greece, except for the beach! If you're going on day trips, I highly recommend that you wear sneakers or comfortable shoes. Most places in Greece, especially touristy areas and ancient sites have cobblestone paths. Villages tend to be very hilly or have dirt paths. It can be super challenging if you are wearing heels or fancy shoes. I suggest that you keep those for going on short walks to dinner.

Dont worry, you can always have breakfast on the ferry

I’ve taken countless ferries across the Greek islands, and I always seem to be rushing to get on the boat in time. One thing that I love about Greek ferries, is that there’s always a café on board where you can buy snacks, pastries, and coffee. It’s a little bit pricey, so keep that in mind. You can also get coffee from the ferry port! Safe travels 😊

Did you know that wine is super cheap in Greece?

Many people think that wine is for those with expensive taste. The reality is that you can find amazing wines at extremely low prices if you search in the right places. You can get ones that cost as low as four euros at your local supermarket and convenient store in Greece. If you’re traveling on a budget to Greece this year, I highly recommend that you opt for store-bought wine instead of ordering a bottle or glass at restaurants for example. There’s nothing better than getting a few snacks and wine from the grocery store and setting up a picnic on the beach.

The amazing Sarakiniko beach in Milos

Sarakiniko beach is probably one of the most stunning ones that I’ve ever been to. I went two summers ago, and from what I’ve heard Milos is becoming more and more popular by the month. I absolutely love this island, especially this beach. It’s a great spot to view the sunset and take photos. I definitely recommend it!

C1740A01-A232-4532-A673-70C8B5DBBDD3.jpeg

How to book ferries in advance

If you’re going to be island hopping in Greece, I highly recommend that you book tickets in advance online when you know your itinerary. This is especially important if you’re traveling with a car. Of course you can buy them of the day of, but if you want to be sure that you’re going to get a spot, you should get yours online. The two best websites to use are ferryscanner.com and ferryhopper.com. The one thing that you have to make sure of is to check in online 24 hours before the ferry is scheduled to date. This will ensure that you were able to download war tickets and travel. Best of luck!
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter