1 - 3 of 3 Posts

cf_fraiser

I can't say this enough! Please make sure that you book way ahead of time for your trip to Greece. I've been looking for hotels and flights, and almost everything is booked. The only air B&Bs and hotels that are left are either extremely expensive or very remote. It seems that people have been at home during Covid, and are feeling to get to Greece. This is a lesson learned for next year. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: Hash

nadellii

I can't say this enough! Please make sure that you book way ahead of time for your trip to Greece. I've been looking for hotels and flights, and almost everything is booked. The only air B&Bs and hotels that are left are either extremely expensive or very remote. It seems that people have been at home during Covid, and are feeling to get to Greece. This is a lesson learned for next year. Good luck to everyone!
The same thing happened to my daughter when she was trying to book, but kids don't listen these days!! Peloponisos and other areas of the mainland usually have more options than the islands

k_tsoukalas

I am always tempted to wait until the last minute to book things because I don't always know my itinerary. This is good advice because waiting can lead to frustrations.

Nearly 8 Million Tourists Visit Greece in First Half of Year

Making My Greek Travel Bucket List

I had a typical Greek-Australian upbringing in that my family came from Greece but trips back and forth growing up amounted to visiting friends and family. I really haven't seen much of the country and all that it has to offer. As an adult, I want to start visiting some of the places in Greece I really should see, but haven't had a chance. So, here's my list. What do you think I should add to it?

1. Visit the Parthenon - would you believe I've never really explored it? Usually we fly into Athens and then quickly move on to our destination.
2. Santorini - Again, I've never been. I want to go and see what all the fuss is about.
3. Kefalonia - I love hiking, and I heard this is a great island to explore nature?
4. Meteora - I've seen photos - it looks phenomenal and worth the trip.
5. Hydra - the fact that they don't allow cars here intrigues me - I know it's a day trip from Athens, but maybe it would be worth staying?

Any advice you give can help me plan a bit of a touristy trip to Greece. :) I do still have family and friends to visit, but I want to carve out some time to actually explore some places I have never been.

Flights to the islands have become cheaper than taking ferries!

I never thought this would happen….but from the prices I’ve been searching for this summer it seems to make more sense to fly to these islands instead of taking the ferry. Nor only that, flying is much faster and they offer free snacks on board. When you book your transit please don’t jump to the ferry booking sites and check google flights or sky scanner first! You never know what you can find. Best of luck fellow travelers. 😊

Where to go - Santorini Vs. Mykonos?

I am trying to plan a trip to Greece. I do have some time because it won't be happening this year. I realized that I won't really have time to visit both Santorini and Mykonos, but I am also having a very difficult time trying to figure out which to visit. A big pro of Mykonos is that I love nightclubs. I think it would be fun to experience the nightlife there. However, I am completely captivated by Santorini and how charming it looks, and I am not sure if I even need nightlife on this trip... I don't know, I just want to hear your thoughts. It might help me make a decision!

Trying to Figure Out Where to Retire in Greece...

I am not quite there yet, but I am looking to retire in Greece - I just am not sure where is the best place to go. My family is originally from various places all over Greece, and I do have family and friends all over the country. However, I am not really tied to a particular location. I was thinking that Athens might be the best location for practical purposes - there's a lot to do, plus here are a lot more "services" there (hospitals, shops, restaurants, etc). However, it might be a little more expensive than other places in Greece? I am also looking at other places, like Peloponnese, Crete, Kefalonia, Zakynthos... What do you guys think?
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter