1 - 3 of 3 Posts

auroracoor1

I love these cookies! All you need to do is add tahini and sugar to a large mixing bowl and cream together on medium speed with an electric mixer until well combined. With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the cardamom and vanilla extract and beat until incorporated. Slowly add the water and orange juice and continue to beat until the mixture is smooth and sticky.
  • 3/4 cup tahini
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon cardamom or cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup orange juice
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon sesame seeds

Sesami-Biskoti-720x480.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love these cookies! All you need to do is add tahini and sugar to a large mixing bowl and cream together on medium speed with an electric mixer until well combined. With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the cardamom and vanilla extract and beat until incorporated. Slowly add the water and orange juice and continue to beat until the mixture is smooth and sticky.
  • 3/4 cup tahini
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon cardamom or cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup orange juice
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon sesame seeds

View attachment 685
This sounds nice,my wife has a cake shop here in Thailand,I will pass this recipe on.... Thank you kindly for this.

This looks delicious! Thank you for sharing the recipe.

Best Greek Olive Oil for Salads?

I’m looking to elevate my salad game and have heard that Greek olive oil is a fantastic choice for getting that rich, authentic flavor. With so many options out there, I’m a bit overwhelmed and could use some guidance from those who have experience in this area.

What are your top recommendations for the best Greek olive oil to use for salads? I'm specifically looking for:
  1. Quality: I want something that's high-quality with a robust flavor profile.
  2. Authenticity: Ideally, the olive oil should be authentic and imported from Greece.
  3. Versatility: While my main focus is on salads, it would be great if the olive oil can also be used for other dishes.
I’ve heard brands like Kalios, Iliada, and Gaea are pretty good, but I’d love to hear your personal favorites and why you recommend them.

greek-olive-oil.jpg

Greek Grilled Pita Bread - A Recipe

I love to grill - it's that time of year! I grilled some souvlaki the other day and decide to also make some pita bread. I had the dough all prepped. It came out great and tasted good with the souvlaki. Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:​

• 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (plus extra for dusting)
  • 1 1/2 cups warm water (about 110°F)
  • 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil

Instructions:​

1. Activate the Yeast:
    • In a small bowl, combine the warm water, sugar, and yeast. Stir gently and let it sit for about 5-10 minutes until it becomes frothy.
  2. Prepare the Dough:
    • In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and salt.
    • Make a well in the center of the flour and pour in the yeast mixture and olive oil.
    • Mix with a wooden spoon or your hands until the dough starts to come together.
  3. Knead the Dough:
    • Transfer the dough onto a floured surface.
    • Knead the dough for about 8-10 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic. If the dough is too sticky, add a little more flour as needed.
  4. First Rise:
    • Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, turning it to coat all sides with oil.
    • Cover the bowl with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let the dough rise in a warm place for about 1-2 hours, or until it has doubled in size.
  5. Shape the Pitas:
    • Once the dough has risen, punch it down to release any air.
    • Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces and shape each piece into a ball.
    • On a lightly floured surface, roll out each ball into a circle about 1/4 inch thick.
  6. Second Rise:
    • Place the rolled-out dough circles on a lightly floured surface or baking sheet.
    • Cover them with a clean kitchen towel and let them rise for about 20-30 minutes.
  7. Grill the Pitas:
    • Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
    • Place the pitas on the grill and cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until they are puffed up and have nice grill marks.
    • If you prefer, you can also cook them in a cast-iron skillet or on a griddle over medium-high heat.

Different kinds of Greek salads?

I love horiatiki when I go to Greece - but I also noticed other types of salads being served.

Do they have names?

I tried one or two of them and most of them involved greens - like lettuce, etc.

Are they just the invention of the restaurant or are they common dishes? I guess it's hard to truly know unless I can share examples from restaurants, but Id didn't think to take pics last time I was in Greece.

Menu - Advice on What to Serve at a Greek Dinner Party

I'm planning to host a Greek-themed dinner party and could use some advice on what dishes to serve. I want to create an authentic experience for my guests and ensure they get a true taste of Greek cuisine.

Here are a few ideas I have in mind:
  • Tzatziki
  • Dolmades
  • Spanakopita
  • Souvlaki
  • Greek Salad
  • Lemon Potatoes
Should I add or subtract anything?

List of traditional Greek dishes to try making at home?

I'm curious to hear your recommendations on the top traditional Greek dishes that one can try making at home. While traveling to Greece to experience the authentic flavors firsthand would be ideal, it's not always possible. So, what's the next best thing? Recreating those delicious dishes in our own kitchens!

I've always been fascinated by Greek cuisine, known for its rich flavors and healthy ingredients. But with so many iconic dishes out there, it's hard to decide where to start. I'd love to get some insights from those of you who have either visited Greece or have experience cooking Greek food at home.

Here are a few dishes I've heard are must-tries:
  1. Moussaka
  2. Souvlaki
  3. Spanakopita
  4. Dolmades
  5. Baklava
What would you add? Thanks so much!
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back