1 - 1 of 1 Posts

blopez34

I never see people talking about Marathonisi Islet and I don't know why! The islet is right across from Laganas Beach and is not inhabited by any locals. Its simply a beautiful piece of untouched nature that is great for a day trip.

The amazing Sarakiniko beach in Milos

Sarakiniko beach is probably one of the most stunning ones that I’ve ever been to. I went two summers ago, and from what I’ve heard Milos is becoming more and more popular by the month. I absolutely love this island, especially this beach. It’s a great spot to view the sunset and take photos. I definitely recommend it!

C1740A01-A232-4532-A673-70C8B5DBBDD3.jpeg

Advice for Staying Fit While on Vacation in Greece?

I live in California, and I am used to living a pretty fit lifestyle. Recently, I have been a weight loss journey, connecting to my Greek roots and the healthy foods that are part of the Mediterranean diet. Although I wasn't active for a long time, I have found that there are plenty of opportunities where I live in LA. There are a lot of gyms, parks, I go for daily walks, etc.

I am planning my next trip to Greece and I need your advice. How do I stay fit? We are planning to spend a few days in Athens and then do some island hopping. We won't be staying in a hotel with a fitness center. I plan to pack something portable, like my fitness bands, so I can do a quick workout in my room if I need to. Yet, I see that Greeks are very fit. What should I do while in the country? How do Greeks stay fit?

I am older, but in decent shape. I can walk, hike, etc. I was thinking of heading to Crete just so I can hike the Samaria Gorge. I have friend my age who did it and thought it was a great experience. I am open to any advice you can give.

Nearly 8 Million Tourists Visit Greece in First Half of Year

Trying to Figure Out Where to Retire in Greece...

I am not quite there yet, but I am looking to retire in Greece - I just am not sure where is the best place to go. My family is originally from various places all over Greece, and I do have family and friends all over the country. However, I am not really tied to a particular location. I was thinking that Athens might be the best location for practical purposes - there's a lot to do, plus here are a lot more "services" there (hospitals, shops, restaurants, etc). However, it might be a little more expensive than other places in Greece? I am also looking at other places, like Peloponnese, Crete, Kefalonia, Zakynthos... What do you guys think?

Is Gorilla Trekking Safe in Uganda and Rwanda?

Tour Operator: Dav Safaris

Email: [email protected] Tel: +256701412430 | +256757795781

Yes, trekking gorillas in Uganda and Rwanda is safe. A pleasant vacation area is one that is safe, and in Africa, the safest places to go gorilla trekking are Uganda and Rwanda. To take a vacation and escape the hassles of daily life, one saves his or her hard-earned money. Nobody wants to take a vacation where there is a chance they won't make it back home alive.

Safaris for trekking gorillas in Uganda take place in Bwindi Impenetrable and Mgahinga National Parks, both of which are in the country's far south-western region. The Bwindi Impenetrable National Park was divided into two sectors, the southern sector and the northern sector, due to its enormous size. The park currently boasts the most habituated gorilla families in the world, and for ease of management, these families are grouped into gorilla trekking regions. The Buhoma area, Ruhija area, Nkuringo area, and Rushaga area are among the gorilla trekking regions in Uganda.

Rwandan gorilla trekking takes place in Volcanoes National Park, which is located in the country's northwest. The park is 160 square kilometers in size. Volcanoes National Park has predominantly mountainous geography. A lovely green picture of lofty mountains and lowlands is created by its five Virunga volcanoes. Mountain Karisimbi, Mountain Bisoke, Mountain Muhavura, Mountain Sabyinyo, and Mountain Gahinga are some of these volcanoes. Volcanoes National Park is home to about 13 gorilla trekking families, including the Amahoro family, group 13 family, and Hirwa gorilla family.

Accessibility to Gorilla Trekking Parks

With an upgraded road network, getting to the gorilla trekking sites from Kampala, Entebbe, or Kigali is now easier. Despite the fact that parks like Volcanoes National Park in Rwanda, Bwindi Impenetrable National Park in Uganda, and Mgahinga National Park are all situated in entirely inaccessible regions. In the past, getting to them was difficult, but the roads have been improved, and additional building is being done. From the Ugandan metropolis of Kampala, there is some public transportation that goes to Kabale, from where you can take a variety of connections to go to Bwindi I Impenetrable National Park.

Public transportation is accessible in Rwanda from Kigali City to Musaze, where passengers can then travel to Volcanoes National Park. A daily domestic flight service is running in Uganda, further opening up this formerly isolated region. From Kajjansi Airstrip or Entebbe Airport, you can choose to land at Kihihi Air Strip or Kisoro Airstrip. Those who are averse to long journeys on winding roads have chosen this alternative; however, you must make reservations in advance. Both Uganda and Rwanda have charter flight arrangements.

Research Organizations in gorilla trekking

In both Uganda and Rwanda, a number of local and international research organizations are working to save gorillas. Beginning with the late American philanthropist Dian Fossey, who founded the Karisoke Research Center in Rwanda. After she discovered that integrating people in the protection of mountain gorillas is one method to conserve them, her initiative gave rise to gorilla trekking. Some of them take part in gorilla habituation, treating the gorillas, performing checkups on the gorillas, taking a gorilla census over time, and many other activities. These aid in gorilla conservation, which has increased the number of the animals in Rwanda and Uganda, and keep them accustomed to human presence. Gorilla Fund, UNESCO, Gorilla Doctors, and others are a few of the organizations. These groups offer a lot of guidance regarding the gorillas' way of life and behavior. Over time, this has made gorilla trekking experiences better.

Limiting the number of Gorilla Trekkers

Gorilla trekking would result in food loss for the mountain gorillas, which are primarily vegetarian. To prevent trampling on the forest, the number of trekkers allowed to see gorillas is restricted to a maximum of 8. Those interested in going gorilla trekking in Uganda or Rwanda must attend a briefing at the ranger station, which is the ORTPN in Rwanda and the Uganda Wildlife Authority park offices in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park or Mgahinga National Park in Uganda. The rangers walk you through the procedures for going gorilla trekking as well as the typical gorilla behavior.

After that, you are split up into groups of no more than eight trekkers to spend the day following a particular gorilla family. If there were more trekkers, it would be difficult for the rangers to look out for each traveler personally, which could result in some tourists getting lost in the bush or having a less enjoyable experience. The numerous individuals attempting to get a glimpse of the mountain gorillas would make them feel ambushed. The mountain gorillas become agitated by this and hide.

Why book with Dav Safaris for gorilla trekking in Uganda and Rwanda?

Dav Safaris has experience of planning incredible trips to Uganda,and Rwanda but we have now expanded to include safaris in Kenya and Tanzania. If contacted, a member of our staff will assist in giving you reliable information as soon as possible. For a customized gorilla trekking tour to Bwindi Impenetrable forest NP and Volcanoes National Park, visit our website at www.davsafaris.com or Email us at [email protected]
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter