1 - 8 of 8 Posts

francescool

I'm not even surprised that Milos is one of the most up and coming Greek islands this summer. So many of my friends are planning on visiting, and I have some cousins who went last year and have nothing but rave reviews. The island is pretty small, and known for its amazing beaches. As you can see in this video, it almost looks like you're on mars. The crowd is a little bit older, and the island is more slow paced and quiet. So I wouldn't recommend it fora younger group looking to go out a lot. Personally, it sounds like a great time to me!

Vangelis

I'm planning to go there next year. I just want to get on a ferry boat and just island hop for a few weeks.

Reactions: blopez34

blopez34

I'm planning to go there next year. I just want to get on a ferry boat and just island hop for a few weeks.
Amazing! I'm planning a day trip there since I can't seem to find affordable hotels so late in the summer. My advice is to book early

Reactions: Vangelis

k_tsoukalas

It has been two decades since I last went to the popular islands of Mykonos and Santorini during the summer months. I have heard that lately, the crowds at those places are crazier than ever. Islands like Milos have been on my radar because I bet they don't get as crowded and are equally is fun and gorgeous.

I have been wanting to go to Milos for a while! I might add this to my list for the next time I am in Greece.

Reactions: redsoxdw_

redsoxdw_

I have been wanting to go to Milos for a while! I might add this to my list for the next time I am in Greece.
I love Milos! It's very quiet and there's usually a more mature crowd there. It's not so much for party and nightlife.

Vangelis

It has been two decades since I last went to the popular islands of Mykonos and Santorini during the summer months. I have heard that lately, the crowds at those places are crazier than ever. Islands like Milos have been on my radar because I bet they don't get as crowded and are equally is fun and gorgeous.
Alternatively, if you want to go the Santorini or Mykonos, go during the shoulder periods. June is probably the best month - not so many tourists but still good weather.

Reactions: mastichas09

mastichas09

Alternatively, if you want to go the Santorini or Mykonos, go during the shoulder periods. June is probably the best month - not so many tourists but still good weather.
I love visiting in June, May is even a great time as well

Why you should wear sneakers and comfortable shoes in Greece

This applies to all places in Greece, except for the beach! If you're going on day trips, I highly recommend that you wear sneakers or comfortable shoes. Most places in Greece, especially touristy areas and ancient sites have cobblestone paths. Villages tend to be very hilly or have dirt paths. It can be super challenging if you are wearing heels or fancy shoes. I suggest that you keep those for going on short walks to dinner.

August 2022 Music and Cultural Festivals in Greece !

The amazing Sarakiniko beach in Milos

Sarakiniko beach is probably one of the most stunning ones that I’ve ever been to. I went two summers ago, and from what I’ve heard Milos is becoming more and more popular by the month. I absolutely love this island, especially this beach. It’s a great spot to view the sunset and take photos. I definitely recommend it!

C1740A01-A232-4532-A673-70C8B5DBBDD3.jpeg

Flights to the islands have become cheaper than taking ferries!

I never thought this would happen….but from the prices I’ve been searching for this summer it seems to make more sense to fly to these islands instead of taking the ferry. Nor only that, flying is much faster and they offer free snacks on board. When you book your transit please don’t jump to the ferry booking sites and check google flights or sky scanner first! You never know what you can find. Best of luck fellow travelers. 😊

Essential Greek travel tips!

Here are a few key Greek travel tips for this summer that I think you would find helpful

1. Don't throw toilet paper in the toilet
2. You can always find a pharmacy that's open 24 hours, they alternate which ones are open in a specific radius
3. Masks are required on ferries

Please feel free to add more in the comments! :)
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter