1 - 8 of 8 Posts

francescool

I'm not even surprised that Milos is one of the most up and coming Greek islands this summer. So many of my friends are planning on visiting, and I have some cousins who went last year and have nothing but rave reviews. The island is pretty small, and known for its amazing beaches. As you can see in this video, it almost looks like you're on mars. The crowd is a little bit older, and the island is more slow paced and quiet. So I wouldn't recommend it fora younger group looking to go out a lot. Personally, it sounds like a great time to me!

Vangelis

I'm planning to go there next year. I just want to get on a ferry boat and just island hop for a few weeks.

Reactions: blopez34

blopez34

I'm planning to go there next year. I just want to get on a ferry boat and just island hop for a few weeks.
Amazing! I'm planning a day trip there since I can't seem to find affordable hotels so late in the summer. My advice is to book early

Reactions: Vangelis

k_tsoukalas

It has been two decades since I last went to the popular islands of Mykonos and Santorini during the summer months. I have heard that lately, the crowds at those places are crazier than ever. Islands like Milos have been on my radar because I bet they don't get as crowded and are equally is fun and gorgeous.

I have been wanting to go to Milos for a while! I might add this to my list for the next time I am in Greece.

Reactions: redsoxdw_

redsoxdw_

I have been wanting to go to Milos for a while! I might add this to my list for the next time I am in Greece.
I love Milos! It's very quiet and there's usually a more mature crowd there. It's not so much for party and nightlife.

Vangelis

It has been two decades since I last went to the popular islands of Mykonos and Santorini during the summer months. I have heard that lately, the crowds at those places are crazier than ever. Islands like Milos have been on my radar because I bet they don't get as crowded and are equally is fun and gorgeous.
Alternatively, if you want to go the Santorini or Mykonos, go during the shoulder periods. June is probably the best month - not so many tourists but still good weather.

Reactions: mastichas09

mastichas09

Alternatively, if you want to go the Santorini or Mykonos, go during the shoulder periods. June is probably the best month - not so many tourists but still good weather.
I love visiting in June, May is even a great time as well

Check out this stunning port near Piraeus

Right next to Piraeus is Port Alimos which houses smaller sailboats and yachts. The area has a beautiful cafe that overlooks the water called Día Noche where many sea goers stop and lunch before and after their trips. If you’re interested in taking a trip around the mainland or to neighboring islands I highly recommend you get in contact with someone from the port.

9C101161-3815-40F0-88B0-E2F8FA97F56B.jpeg

Why you should wear sneakers and comfortable shoes in Greece

This applies to all places in Greece, except for the beach! If you're going on day trips, I highly recommend that you wear sneakers or comfortable shoes. Most places in Greece, especially touristy areas and ancient sites have cobblestone paths. Villages tend to be very hilly or have dirt paths. It can be super challenging if you are wearing heels or fancy shoes. I suggest that you keep those for going on short walks to dinner.

Who is eligible for a ferry discount

According to ferry hopper, the following groups are eligible for a discount with most ferry companies. I’m not sure what the documentation process is for verifying these statuses, so if anyone has experience please let us know! 😊
  • Toddlers (-100%)
  • Children (-50%)
  • Permanent residents of islands (holders of Unique Islander Number)
  • Students of Greek Public Universities (-50%)
  • People with disabilities (-50%)

How was your trip to Greece this season?

I am trying to plan my trip to Greece, and I am curious if people can share their recent experiences. I am considering visiting these places when I do go:

1. Athens
2. Santorini
3. Milos (Saw some pics and the island seems enchanting!)
4. I am wondering if I should also include Mykonos or not?
5. Not sure if I should add another destination?

I should addd that I am planning on only spending about two weeks in Greece for this trip. My goal is to get a nice overview.

Marathonisi Islet is a wonderful place to visit in Zakynthos

I never see people talking about Marathonisi Islet and I don't know why! The islet is right across from Laganas Beach and is not inhabited by any locals. Its simply a beautiful piece of untouched nature that is great for a day trip.
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter