1 - 1 of 1 Posts

Hash

Trying to Figure Out Where to Retire in Greece...

I am not quite there yet, but I am looking to retire in Greece - I just am not sure where is the best place to go. My family is originally from various places all over Greece, and I do have family and friends all over the country. However, I am not really tied to a particular location. I was thinking that Athens might be the best location for practical purposes - there's a lot to do, plus here are a lot more "services" there (hospitals, shops, restaurants, etc). However, it might be a little more expensive than other places in Greece? I am also looking at other places, like Peloponnese, Crete, Kefalonia, Zakynthos... What do you guys think?

How was your trip to Greece this season?

I am trying to plan my trip to Greece, and I am curious if people can share their recent experiences. I am considering visiting these places when I do go:

1. Athens
2. Santorini
3. Milos (Saw some pics and the island seems enchanting!)
4. I am wondering if I should also include Mykonos or not?
5. Not sure if I should add another destination?

I should addd that I am planning on only spending about two weeks in Greece for this trip. My goal is to get a nice overview.

Did you know that wine is super cheap in Greece?

Many people think that wine is for those with expensive taste. The reality is that you can find amazing wines at extremely low prices if you search in the right places. You can get ones that cost as low as four euros at your local supermarket and convenient store in Greece. If you’re traveling on a budget to Greece this year, I highly recommend that you opt for store-bought wine instead of ordering a bottle or glass at restaurants for example. There’s nothing better than getting a few snacks and wine from the grocery store and setting up a picnic on the beach.

Advice for Staying Fit While on Vacation in Greece?

I live in California, and I am used to living a pretty fit lifestyle. Recently, I have been a weight loss journey, connecting to my Greek roots and the healthy foods that are part of the Mediterranean diet. Although I wasn't active for a long time, I have found that there are plenty of opportunities where I live in LA. There are a lot of gyms, parks, I go for daily walks, etc.

I am planning my next trip to Greece and I need your advice. How do I stay fit? We are planning to spend a few days in Athens and then do some island hopping. We won't be staying in a hotel with a fitness center. I plan to pack something portable, like my fitness bands, so I can do a quick workout in my room if I need to. Yet, I see that Greeks are very fit. What should I do while in the country? How do Greeks stay fit?

I am older, but in decent shape. I can walk, hike, etc. I was thinking of heading to Crete just so I can hike the Samaria Gorge. I have friend my age who did it and thought it was a great experience. I am open to any advice you can give.

Good Wedding Destinations in Greece?

I am not Greek, but I love the country. I am looking at it as a potential wedding destination. Does anyone have any advice? I have no idea where to start. Someone said to find a wedding planner in Greece. Also, I am not 100% sure on the destination but I have narrowed it down to the following places:

1. Milos
2. Crete
3. Santorini
4. Mykonos

Any advice that you have for me would be great. I am excited for this chapter in my life, but I have no idea where to start. I would think that I need to find a destination before I hire a wedding coordinator?
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter