1 - 7 of 7 Posts

mastichas09

I don't think covid really stopped many people from traveling to Athens! The streets and stores are pretty packed...mabye not as much as the other years but it's still pretty full! This is a picture from the other night. We spent all day shopping for souvenirs and then had lunch in Plaka, it was so fun!!

Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 1.37.51 AM.png

Reactions: Hash and Vangelis

ellinasgolfer0320

You should go to Anafiotika to relax when you're in the area next time.

Reactions: dubai_suzie

Vangelis

I'm so jealous! We can't leave our country and our government is so incompetent they can't even rollout a vaccination program properly. I am hoping I can be there next year. Enjoy it, you're one of the lucky ones!

dubai_suzie

You should go to Anafiotika to relax when you're in the area next time.
Great recommendation! It feels like a little part of Santorini in the middle of Athens with all of the little side streets, architecture and colors

Reactions: Hash

ellinasgolfer0320

Great recommendation! It feels like a little part of Santorini in the middle of Athens with all of the little side streets, architecture and colors
You probably feel that way because the people who started "Anafi"otika are from the island of Anafi. That style is fairly common on the islands.

dubai_suzie

You probably feel that way because the people who started "Anafi"otika are from the island of Anafi. That style is fairly common on the islands.
Omg I've never heard of this island. I did a little research and turns out it's tiny!!! And so beautiful. In 2011, it had a population of 271 that's crazy, I would actually love to visit one day, thank you for the info :)

Reactions: Hash

k_tsoukalas

This is really nice to see - I love seeing people get out there and live their lives ...

Reconnecting with My Love of Greek Food in Athens

I grew up eating all the traditional Greek dishes, and then some. As an adult, I have gotten away from it. To top that off, I lost my mother's recipes and I never properly learned how to cook Greek food when I was growing up. I am thinking of visiting Greece, particularly Athens, not only to see the sites but to also reconnect with Greek cuisine.

When I am in Athens, do you have any recommendations on the best foods to try - maybe a favorite restaurant or something? I don't know where to start!

Good Beaches to Visit Near Athens?

I am trying to plan a girl's trip to Greece and am fleeing out the details. We'd be flying in from the United States on the East Coast, as I am from Baltimore. So, it seems that we need to fly into Athens. Although Athens isn't planned to be our full vacation - we plan to head to one of the islands - I am thinking we should spend a few days in the city. That being said, we'd do all the usuals - see the historical sites like the Parthenon and all that. I was thinking we might want some beach time when we are in Athens to get us started. I heard there are some beaches nearby? Are any of them worth spending time at? We are looking for a beach with a bit of a scene - like an outdoor beach but maybe a nightclub nearby?

Restaurants with a View in Athens

I am putting together a list of restaurants to try in Athens and I want to have multiple moods on it... Sometimes, I want to dine purely with a view, sometimes I just want a really great meal.

I found this article - what do you guys think of these places in the article? Do you know of any great places with a view in Athens? Ideally the food will also be excellent:

Sometimes I don't have luck with TripAdvisor places, because I am not sure the people voting are necessarily locals...

Cretan Wine fair returns to Athena!

Share and discuss your Athens photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
TikTok Pinterest YouTube