1 - 7 of 7 Posts

mastichas09

I don't think covid really stopped many people from traveling to Athens! The streets and stores are pretty packed...mabye not as much as the other years but it's still pretty full! This is a picture from the other night. We spent all day shopping for souvenirs and then had lunch in Plaka, it was so fun!!

Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 1.37.51 AM.png

Reactions: Hash and Vangelis

ellinasgolfer0320

You should go to Anafiotika to relax when you're in the area next time.

Reactions: dubai_suzie

Vangelis

I'm so jealous! We can't leave our country and our government is so incompetent they can't even rollout a vaccination program properly. I am hoping I can be there next year. Enjoy it, you're one of the lucky ones!

dubai_suzie

You should go to Anafiotika to relax when you're in the area next time.
Great recommendation! It feels like a little part of Santorini in the middle of Athens with all of the little side streets, architecture and colors

Reactions: Hash

ellinasgolfer0320

Great recommendation! It feels like a little part of Santorini in the middle of Athens with all of the little side streets, architecture and colors
You probably feel that way because the people who started "Anafi"otika are from the island of Anafi. That style is fairly common on the islands.

dubai_suzie

You probably feel that way because the people who started "Anafi"otika are from the island of Anafi. That style is fairly common on the islands.
Omg I've never heard of this island. I did a little research and turns out it's tiny!!! And so beautiful. In 2011, it had a population of 271 that's crazy, I would actually love to visit one day, thank you for the info :)

Reactions: Hash

k_tsoukalas

This is really nice to see - I love seeing people get out there and live their lives ...

Has anyone here seen a performance in Epidavros?

I am so fascinated by Ancient Greek history and from what I understand, some of the ancient theaters are still intact and performances are being held there. I've been research Epidavros and noticed that they hold performances there in the summer. Has anyone been? What was it like?

I've seen footage online of people marveling at the amazing acoustics, and I want to experience this for myself.

Great Athens Restaurants for Dining

I love the restaurants in Athens - they're just so amazing. The chefs in the city do a great job giving a variety of foods from Greek cuisine, from the old to the new. I found this link with a nice list of nine restaurants that I plan to try. What do you guys thing? Have you been to any of these?

Attica Group Inaugurates its 3 New AERO Highspeed Vessels

A truly corporate group of team, should have joined them back in the 90s.... sailed several times Ancona -Patra..... very memorable moments and experience.... unbelievable food onboard and ambience!♥️♥️

Has Anyone Watched a Game in Opap Arena?

I am a huge sports fan but have never watched a football game at Opap Arena. I am trying to figure out if I should take in a game next time I am in Greece. From what I understand, the Arena is in the Athens area? Here's the link:

Any recommendations you have would be great. In particular, I see from the website that there is a restaurant there. Is it any good, or should I plan to eat somewhere else?

Has anyone here seen a performance n Epidavros?

I am so fascinated by Ancient Greek history and from what I understand, some of the ancient theaters are still intact and performances are being held there. I've been research Epidavros and noticed that they hold performances there in the summer. Has anyone been? What was it like?

I've seen footage online of people marveling at the amazing acoustics, and I want to experience this for myself.
Share and discuss your Athens photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
TikTok Pinterest YouTube