1 - 3 of 3 Posts

kcixcy

My mother in law has this amazing recipe for an "air freshener" when the house needs a pick me up
All you need to do is boil these ingredients on low for a few hours. Make sure it doesn't burn though!!
-Orange peel
-Cinnamon
-Lemon peel
-Star anise
-Water

Reactions: acamp7

acamp7

This is genius and way better than Febreeze!! Breathing in all of those chemicals is definitely so bad for you

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
That is great!

Growing up, my Yiayia (grandmother) used to use fresh basil from her garden as an air freshener and then she would use it in her cooking a few days later...so good!

Basil-720x515.jpeg

What are some great Greek books?

I can't read Greek super well but I would like to start reading some Greek authors but translated in english. Do you have any books to recommend?

Meet Greeces Olympic team!

Zito Hellas!

What are some Greek traditions for good luck?

I have a job interview coming up and i’d like to channel some good energy and luck! What are some old Greek traditions for good luck? Thanks 🧿

Learn Greek vocab words about the workplace!

Here are a few Greek words to get you by when you're talking about work!

Τι δουλειά κάνεις; Ti thoulya kanees; What do you do for a living?
είμαι … eemai … I am

• Doctor – ο γιατρός – o yatros
  • Dentist – ο οδοντίατρος – o othondyatros
  • Electrician – οηλεκτρολόγος – o oilektrologos
  • Engineer – ο μηχανικός – o mihanikos
  • Farmer – ο αγρότης – o agrotis
  • Hairdresser – ο κομμωτής – o kommitis
  • Lawyer – ο δικηγόρος – o thikigoros
  • Pharmacist – η φαρμακοποιός – o farmakopyos
  • Plumber – ο υδραυλικός – o uthraulikos
  • Salesperson – ηΠωλητής – I politis
  • Teacher – οδάσκαλος – o thaskalos

This video is so helpful for those trying to learn Greek!

I was helping out an Australian friend to try and learn Greek and stumbled upon these videos. It's always best to learn from real life and actual Greeks! If you don't know any then videos like these can really help you immerse yourself in the language :)

Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter