1 - 2 of 2 Posts

Hash

redsoxdw_

Oh Easter, what a lovely time

This Greek Evzone was made in the USA!

This makes me so proud and happy to see that people are connecting with their heritage from miles away and willingly doing the military service to serve their country. Bravo to the soldier and those that are like him. I can't wait to go to Athens again and visit the tomb of the unknown soldier.

What does malakas really mean?

As many of you may know, malakas is probably one of the most popular words and swearwords in the Greek language. I hear it all the time when I'm travelling in Greece, and even when I'm in the United States. People can't seem to get enough of it. And its original state, the word means "wanker" which is commonly used in the UK. Although, the word has taken on many forms and can mean pretty much anything from "you're my best friend" to "I hate you."

What are some forgotten Greek traditions that youd like to bring back?

There are so many beautiful Greek traditions that many of us don’t do anymore. Personally, I don’t attend church as much as I’d like to. I usually only go for Christmas and Easter and I would love to start going more often. What are some traditions that you have lost over the years that you’d like to start doing again? 😊

Are there any good Greek podcasts to listen to?

I've been trying to pick up on more and more Greek and I think that listening to podcasts would really help. I listen to podcasts every day on my way to work, and I would love to start listening to some Greek ones as well. I've been learning a bit of Greek here and there since I am planning on retiring in Greece soon. Does anyone have any podcast that they could recommend? I don't really mind what the podcast is about, I have a pretty varied taste. Thanks!
Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter