1 - 3 of 3 Posts

redsoxdw_

This is hands down the best Greek mythology movie! The cast is just excellent and the acting is on point

Reactions: francescool

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Even though this is a kids movie, here is my favorite Greek mythology movie :)

k_tsoukalas

Mine is Percy Jackson and the Lightening thief - I know it has deviated from the original stories, but it is still a lot of fun:

The Titan God Atlas is the one who held up the world

Atlas is one of my favorite characters in Greek mythology...he is literally the one who held up the world with his extreme strength. He was sent to hold up the earth as a punishment after the war between the Titans and the Olympians.

atlas-720x961.jpg

What are your favorite plays from Greek mythology?

I love a good play with an ancient plot! Antigone is one of my favorites, I saw it in Athens a few years back. Its pretty popular and there have been a lot of adaptations since. It is a tragedy by Sophocles written in or before 441 BC. I won't give any spoilers, but as with any Greek play, there is a lot of drama and murder!!! What are your favorite ancient Greek plays?

This is my new favorite online show about Greek mythology!

I love this show :) so informative and gives great insight on ancient Greek culture, with great visuals. To be honest I love anything that the History Channel does.

The myth of medusa explained!

I found this cool video that explains a bit about the story of Medusa which is my favorite story in Greek mythology! I feel that she is so misunderstood and seen as an evil character when in reality she's one of the most powerful characters who is just cursed.

Who was the royal family of Greece?

I had no idea that Greece had a royal family until I found out that prince Phillip was born in Corfu and did some googling...and im not even sure I understand how the British royal family connects to. the Greek royal family. Does anyone know why Greece even had a royal family in the first place? And what was their role in ruling the country?
Share and discuss Greek mythology!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter