1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Sarah Gouzoules

Trying to trace my Greek genealogy. My great grandfather first came to the US in the 1890s and settled in Lynn MA. I have found it challenging to find greek records because of name changes when they came to the US. My great grandfather, Elias Gouzoules was from Georgitsi Greece. I believe he was born in the 1870s and died in Lynn MA in 1944. I know his father was a Priest in the village. I think his name was Panayotis Gouzoules (my grandfather was named Panayotis Winston Elias born 1901-1982) I believe my great grandfather had 13 siblings. I would love to be able to get names of his mother, siblings etc and if there are any relatives still living in Greece, birth and death dates etc. I have also heard that Panayotis Gouzoules' dad fought in the rebellion. I'd appreciate any suggestions you may have! Thank you! Sarah

blopez34

Trying to trace my Greek genealogy. My great grandfather first came to the US in the 1890s and settled in Lynn MA. I have found it challenging to find greek records because of name changes when they came to the US. My great grandfather, Elias Gouzoules was from Georgitsi Greece. I believe he was born in the 1870s and died in Lynn MA in 1944. I know his father was a Priest in the village. I think his name was Panayotis Gouzoules (my grandfather was named Panayotis Winston Elias born 1901-1982) I believe my great grandfather had 13 siblings. I would love to be able to get names of his mother, siblings etc and if there are any relatives still living in Greece, birth and death dates etc. I have also heard that Panayotis Gouzoules' dad fought in the rebellion. I'd appreciate any suggestions you may have! Thank you! Sarah
Do you know how he came to the United States? Perhaps you can look through the Ellis Island records. Ancestry.com is also pretty helpful but you need to pay for their premium account.

seleanor

Perhaps you can find church member records. There is a big Greek community in Massachusetts and perhaps he was a member of an association or church that would have info.

Greek history documentary on engineering in Ancient Greece

Engineering is one of the most impactful aspects of Ancient Greece, there was so much advancement during that time that comes from Ancient Greece that we still use today. National Geographic always does a great job of depicting what life was like in ancient Greece. Let me know what you think of the advancements in the comments, I will search for more documentaries and post them. :)

Need Genealogy help

Agries Melisses is a fantastic Greek tv show about the military occupation

This TV show is making waves in Greece! It is a drama about the military junta that happened in the 1960's and 70's in Greece and shows the lives of different families who are with and against the government. It is a good show to watch with family (older kids) to learn about Greek history and culture. There is a bit of politics and a bit of romance so everyone can watch and be captivated. The show airs on ANT1!

To Kokkino Potami is the best historical Greek TV show

To Kokkino Potami (Red River) is the best tv show in Greece at the moment! It's super high budget and has amazing Greek actors. The show has only one season and follows the story of the Greek genocide and specifically Pontians (Greek ethnic group) that happened throughout the 1900's. The show is fantastic and I hope they release more seasons. Is anyone watching this show??
Share and discuss Greek history!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter