1 - 5 of 5 Posts

tomipark

Thoughts on chain hotels on the island? Im not a huge fan tbh...

Reactions: Hash

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Personally, I am not a fan of big chain hotels in Greece (other than airport Hilton, which I have stayed at and is truly amazing). Especially on the Greek islands my thought is leave it independently owned and operated...those are my 2 cents :)

Jerry s

Personally, I am not a fan of big chain hotels in Greece (other than airport Hilton, which I have stayed at and is truly amazing). Especially on the Greek islands my thought is leave it independently owned and operated...those are my 2 cents :)
I didn't know there was a Hilton Hotel at Elefterios Venizelos airport. When did it open? I'm a frequent visitor and stay at Sofitel at the airport the night before I fly out. Due to Covid I haven't been for 2 years now.

Big chain hotels have one advantage when you are at a foreign country, you know they have a certain standard all over the world so you know what to expect.

kcixcy

I didn't know there was a Hilton Hotel at Elefterios Venizelos airport. When did it open? I'm a frequent visitor and stay at Sofitel at the airport the night before I fly out. Due to Covid I haven't been for 2 years now.

Big chain hotels have one advantage when you are at a foreign country, you know they have a certain standard all over the world so you know what to expect.
Yes, this is very true. I never know when a hotel is good or bad in Greece because the smaller ones don't have many reviews online

k_tsoukalas

Some people really like chain hotels and rely on them when they travel. Like my parents only use a certain hotel chain when they travel. Greece has been tricky for them. If the chain were to have a location in Greece, it would make their lives easier.

These are the best volcanic beaches in Santorini!!

Volcanic beaches are unique because their soil and sand composition is from volcanic and ash from minerals left over from the Minoan eruption from 3,600 years ago. The explosion was as strong as 40 atomic bombs and produced 40 foot tsunamis. Some of the best beaches that we were blessed with after this explosion are Kamari, Monolithos, Perissa and the Read Beach of course. This is a wonderful picture of Perissa beach :)

Perissa-Beach-720x480.jpg

Agios Nikolaos is Santorinis monastery created by women

The monastery is dedicated to Agios Panteleimon, Zoodoxos Pighi and Agios Nikolaos. This monastery is super special because it is created by women which is pretty rare considering usually men are monks and priests, and considered the leaders of the Greek orthodox religion. It was established in 1651 by daughters of the Gizi family. Today the monastery is one of the most important religious sites on the island of Santorini and has many historical icons. I really recommend a visit for anyone who is going to the island.

Has anyone been to the lost Atlantis museum in Santorini? What can I see there?

I've heard of this museum but there's not much info on it online. Has anyone been? And would you recommend it?

What to do if you have 24 hours in Santorini?

I always watch this guys videos!! Youtube is one of my favorite ways to see what actually goes down on these Greek islands. If you've ever wondered what to do in Santorini, look no further! I recommend renting a gourana (four wheeler) and touring the island that way. You can also be more cost efficient (and healthier) and get a regular bike or even walk around the island if you're feeling like it. Definitely don't rent a car and definitely have fun!

What scuba diving is like in Santorini

This is a sneak peek into what you can see while scuba diving in Santorini

Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter