1 - 4 of 4 Posts

tomipark

Thoughts on chain hotels on the island? Im not a huge fan tbh...

Reactions: Hash

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Personally, I am not a fan of big chain hotels in Greece (other than airport Hilton, which I have stayed at and is truly amazing). Especially on the Greek islands my thought is leave it independently owned and operated...those are my 2 cents :)

Jerry s

Personally, I am not a fan of big chain hotels in Greece (other than airport Hilton, which I have stayed at and is truly amazing). Especially on the Greek islands my thought is leave it independently owned and operated...those are my 2 cents :)
I didn't know there was a Hilton Hotel at Elefterios Venizelos airport. When did it open? I'm a frequent visitor and stay at Sofitel at the airport the night before I fly out. Due to Covid I haven't been for 2 years now.

Big chain hotels have one advantage when you are at a foreign country, you know they have a certain standard all over the world so you know what to expect.

kcixcy

I didn't know there was a Hilton Hotel at Elefterios Venizelos airport. When did it open? I'm a frequent visitor and stay at Sofitel at the airport the night before I fly out. Due to Covid I haven't been for 2 years now.

Big chain hotels have one advantage when you are at a foreign country, you know they have a certain standard all over the world so you know what to expect.
Yes, this is very true. I never know when a hotel is good or bad in Greece because the smaller ones don't have many reviews online

What scuba diving is like in Santorini

This is a sneak peek into what you can see while scuba diving in Santorini

Holistic cooking experience in Santorini

I love this concept! Learning about Santorini through food is excellent :) You can get a group of people and eat a private dinner cooked specialized by a chef. Its a full gastronomical experience. I would love to experience it one day

You should visit the Gyzi megaron Museum in Santorini!

This museum is great because you can learn about the true culture and history of the island. The museum houses great authentic and intricate engravings, local clothing so you can see what people used to dress like, mabs, and a general overview of Santorini history. The artefacts are from the 15th to the 19th century and there are many pictures that show what the island used to look like before it was one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world.

gyzi-megaron1-720x540.jpg

Santorini tips for first timers

Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter