1 - 5 of 5 Posts

tomipark

Thoughts on chain hotels on the island? Im not a huge fan tbh...

Reactions: Hash

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Personally, I am not a fan of big chain hotels in Greece (other than airport Hilton, which I have stayed at and is truly amazing). Especially on the Greek islands my thought is leave it independently owned and operated...those are my 2 cents :)

Jerry s

Personally, I am not a fan of big chain hotels in Greece (other than airport Hilton, which I have stayed at and is truly amazing). Especially on the Greek islands my thought is leave it independently owned and operated...those are my 2 cents :)
I didn't know there was a Hilton Hotel at Elefterios Venizelos airport. When did it open? I'm a frequent visitor and stay at Sofitel at the airport the night before I fly out. Due to Covid I haven't been for 2 years now.

Big chain hotels have one advantage when you are at a foreign country, you know they have a certain standard all over the world so you know what to expect.

kcixcy

I didn't know there was a Hilton Hotel at Elefterios Venizelos airport. When did it open? I'm a frequent visitor and stay at Sofitel at the airport the night before I fly out. Due to Covid I haven't been for 2 years now.

Big chain hotels have one advantage when you are at a foreign country, you know they have a certain standard all over the world so you know what to expect.
Yes, this is very true. I never know when a hotel is good or bad in Greece because the smaller ones don't have many reviews online

k_tsoukalas

Some people really like chain hotels and rely on them when they travel. Like my parents only use a certain hotel chain when they travel. Greece has been tricky for them. If the chain were to have a location in Greece, it would make their lives easier.

Has anyone taken a cruise to Santorini?

I've always considered whether it's a good idea to take a cruise around the islands, or just visit them myself. Has anyone taken a cruise around Santorini and the neighbouring islands? I don't know the pros and cons and whether it's a good value. I'm looking for someone with personal experience who can share a bit about their trip. If you have any specific companies that would also be great. Thank you in advance.

Is it worth staying at a beachfront hotel in Santorini?

One of the most common things I've heard about Santorini is that it is great for sightseeing and walking around but it is not that great for beaches and swimming. I've heard that the beaches are also hard to get to and are usually at the bottom of a cliff...that being said, does it make sense to get a beachfront hotel in Santorini? Is it true that the beaches aren't that great? Im wondering how much of my time I will actually spend at the beach. Looking forward to replies...thanks!

What do you recommend for a three day trip to Santorini?

I'm thinking of only visiting Santorini for three days. My friends are a big history lovers and they want to spend most of our trip to Greece in Athens. But I convinced them that there's no way we're visiting Greece without visiting Santorini. So we decided on just three days, what are the must see things to do on the island? Any advice is much appreciated.

Donkey rides through Santorini

This is one of the main tourist attractions on the island! You can take a donkey all the way up or all the way down this long and twisty ledge. This is how the original islanders used to do it in the old days, and still do now!

The best times to visit Santorini

Santorini is one of those islands where the timing is super important! Unfortunately, the island gets super crowded and sometimes dare I say unpleasant because of the number of people and tourists. If you're willing to travel in the off season, I highly recommend it. September to October and April to May are the best times to go. I personally prefer mid September because I like a strong sun so I can get a good tan.
Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter