1 - 2 of 2 Posts

dimi_pat

Olympos Naoussa is a historic Thessaloniki restaurant that used to be very popular among the cities elite and cosmopolitan society that was unfortunately shut down. It was extremely popular for fancy dinners and getting drinks, and was frequented by tourists. As of recently, plans have been announced that the restaurant will be revived and open for the public once again. I am so excited to visit and go for a fancy occasion. Does anyone remember this restaurant?

k_tsoukalas

I have heard great things about this restaurant and have never been. I would love to hear some stories about it!

Try bougatsa, Thessalonikis best breakfast food

Thessaloniki has one of the most popular breakfast foods in Greece! Bougatsa is a custard filled phyllo pastry with cinnamon and powdered sugar on top. The pastry is from Thessaloniki but is eaten in most regions in Northern Greece and you can find it in other areas of Greece as well.
5A083FCF-5DEE-4139-8EFD-3B8BB9E9853E.jpeg

What does everyone like about Thessaloniki?

Thessaloniki is one of the most unique places in Greece! Its way better than Athens in my opinion, it has everything that a big city has to offer but it also has a small town and waterfront vibe. Do you agree with what was said in the video? Or do you have your own perceptions about what is good and bad about the city? Let me know!

I love the White Tower in Thessaloniki...

I love cities that have beautiful landmarks. Thessaloniki wouldn't be the same without the white tower! I thought I'd share a pic of the place. Please share yours if you have them... it's really a great, iconic place with lots of history.

white-tower-thessaloniki.jpg

First Time in Thessaloniki - What to Do?

I have been to Athens plenty of times but never Thessaloniki. I am trying to nail down an itinerary for the next time I am in Greece. I have never been to Thessaloniki! What is a good list of things to see and do while I am here? I started my research:

** Ladadika District - Because it seems kinda neat....
** Archaeological Museum - I love this kind of thing!
** White Tower - seems like an iconic landmark?

What do people like about Thessaloniki?

I love these videos so much because I get great insight into what locals actually like about different cities. In my opinion, there's so much to like about Thessaloniki. I really love how the city has so much culture, and you can see how the influence of different empires has impacted the cities architecture. Would you agree with some of what I said in the video? Or do you have a different perspective? Let me know!

Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
TikTok Pinterest YouTube