1 - 6 of 6 Posts

nadellii

This place used to be the richest village on the entire island on the entire island, but today there are only empty houses and churches left with no inhabitants. Super eery but great for a visit to see how people once lived. check it out!

Deborah

When we last visited there was a taverna and a small gift shop/museum. It was such a beautiful village.

Reactions: dimi_pat

dimi_pat

When we last visited there was a taverna and a small gift shop/museum. It was such a beautiful village.
Wow...I can't imagine such a small village that it only has those who things. So you recommend visiting?

Deborah

As the OP said, nothing remains but the remnants of houses, church, and maybe the school? It’s been many years since we’ve been there - but yes! If you are renting a car, exploration of the island’s villages is a must.

Reactions: kosta_karapinotis

kosta_karapinotis

Yes, you will definitely need a car to get there

Deborah

As much as I love spending the night and walking around beautiful Corfu Town, you would really be missing something if you didn’t explore the rest of the island - quite easy to do on day trips with a rental car. Otherwise you can take the buses to various beaches, but the car gives you more freedom. Try a local company (not the big names) so you csn negotiate a better rate.

Palaia Peritheia is Corfus ghost town

This place used to be the richest village on the entire island on the entire island, but today there are only empty houses and churches left with no inhabitants. Super eery but great for a visit to see how people once lived. check it out!

Pictures of the best scenery in Corfu

These are my favorite pics of the island!! Where are your spots for the best scenery?

Corfu-2-720x478.jpg

angelokastro-castle-corfu-720x477.jpg

Best museums in Paleokastritsa Corfu (in my opinion)

My first favourite is the Byzantine museum, Casa Parlante and then lastly the Archeological museum. Are there any others that you guys like?

Lake Korission is so underrated!

When people think of Greece they think of beaches but there are so many beautiful lakes, lagoons and rivers! This is a beautiful lake to visit in Corfu if you're looking for some unique nature

Horseback riding in Corfu!

This is from a trip we took a while back!! We got to take the horses up and round the mountain. I miss vacations like these
7329190E-4605-4DF5-9389-DED265C457A6.jpeg
Share and discuss your Corfu photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter