1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Hash

Who doesn't love Papadopoulos famous biscuits!?❤️❤️❤️.....We cannot get them here in Thailand.I used to have all of them in the cupboard ❤️❤️!😭😭

Who doesn't love Papadopoulos famous biscuits!?❤️❤️❤️.....We cannot get them here in Thailand.I used to have all of them in the cupboard ❤️❤️!😭😭
When I was little I used to pretend to smoke with the long biscuits and think I was so cool 😂😂😂 (smoking is not cool, kids!)

Reactions: greggd12 and Hash
When I was little I used to pretend to smoke with the long biscuits and think I was so cool 😂😂😂 (smoking is not cool, kids!)
Nice, don't forget that 'little' You!❤️❤️

Reactions: greggd12
Ahaha I used to do the same with those white candy "cigarets" when I was younger

Reactions: Hash
Ahaha I used to do the same with those white candy "cigarets" when I was younger
Ok ok just spare a thought for this Palikari driving the red VW cabriolet around the island under full stress and always having Papadopoulos supplies in the car!!👌.....No time to stop, responsibilities and headaches to deal with.....!!😂😂😂

Reactions: efhernandez_
Ok ok just spare a thought for this Palikari driving the red VW cabriolet around the island under full stress and always having Papadopoulos supplies in the car!!👌.....No time to stop, responsibilities and headaches to deal with.....!!😂😂😂
😂😂😂

Reactions: Hash
I laugh a lot about my fabulous career in Tourism industry in Mykonos, everyday we had headaches, someone somewhere was unhappy and dissatisfied.... whether it was in Delos,or Naxos,Paros,Santorini,on a beach barbecue,the sea was too rough 😂😂...a room not up to satisfactory standards, beach too faraway....Rarely there were days when there weren't any complaints....Then we all looked and said to eachother.... something is wrong?....no complaints!!!! 😂😂😂.. Problem solving is an art...I was were fully trained from good ol'London town... even then they could surprise us!!!!! Reading TripAdvisor where I don't contribute anymore,I see how today's travellers have evolved.Expectations exceed possibilities!I hope our community enjoys reading this...We never had a single day off throughout the summer....Then winter months in Carribbean or Dominican Republic,or Thailand not speaking to anyone for months for Inner peace and reconciliation, recharge for another season beginning in February for preparation!
😂😂😂

Roundup of Easy Recipes to Start Cooking Greek Food

I know a lot of people who want to start cooking Greek food but are intimidated. I want to help them out by brainstorming a list of "easy win" foods to get started making.

Here's what I have - do you have anything to add?

• Greek Village Salad (Horiatiki)
  • Tzatziki
  • Greek Lemon Chicken
  • Greek Lemon Potatoes
  • Souvlaki
  • Greek yogurt with honey and walnuts
  • Grilled Halloumi cheese
  • Fasolakia
  • Briam
  • Greek style lamb chops

How to learn about different regional cuisines in Greece?

I have learned so much about Greek cuisine by being on this forum! I know that there are standard recipes that everyone seems to cook.

For example, you can get souvlaki all over. Everyone seems to serve a village salad with slight variations. Most regions seem to make moussaka. There are tons of others.

I have also noticed that each region has their own specialties. How do you go about learning about them?

greek-salad.jpg

Stuffed grape leaves - how much filling?

I haven't made stuffed grape leaves in a while and I have some questions.

First of all, I am having a hard time judging how much filling to put in each leaf? I have a friend who helped me and tried to explain. She'd put a teaspoon of filling in the leaf, then add or subtract more after looking at it. She's quick rolling, and I have no idea how she knows how much filling.

And she really couldn't explain it - just said that you have to look at it and it's by feel. It sounds like my yiayia and she's younger than me! I told her that and she just shrugged. She tried to talk me through it as we were rolling together but it seemed so random to me.

Traditional Greek soups in Greece?

Most of the Greeks I know are from the United States - so it's been a few generations since a lot of them spent extended time in Greece.

From what I understand, Greek cuisine kind of changes. From what I can tell, in the United States, the most popular soup is Egg and Lemon soup (avgolemono) but in Greece, I don't see to as much or rather, hear of it as much.

What are the most popular soups in Greece?

Greek methods of food preservation?

I remember my family doing some things to preserve food as I was growing up but we got away from them. The thing is, some of the options were actually delicious! My yiayia made sun-dried tomatoes, spoon sweets, her own tomato paste, etc. It was one of the things that made her food delicious.

I am trying to figure out what she did! I am curious if anyone knows anything about the following:

- Traditional Techniques: I know the ancient Greeks did a lot of preserving and some of the methods translate to modern?
- Modern Adaptations to Old Techniques: Maybe to make the process easier?
- Local Variations: Are there different regional things?
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back