1 - 9 of 9 Posts

jnilas

My travel agent here in Australia said that when I travel to Greece my passport must have at least 6 months left before expiry.

This differs from country to country.

Does anyone know if this is a Greek government requirement?

Thanks

Jolui

Reactions: jnilas

jnilas

MMH2009

My travel agent here in Australia said that when I travel to Greece my passport must have at least 6 months left before expiry.

This differs from country to country.

Does anyone know if this is a Greek government requirement?

Thanks
This is correct. I was told the same-thing here in the US prior to my last trip to Greece this past Fall. Have fun !

bvelonis

That is true for most if not all countries I believe.

Jerry s

k_tsoukalas

I think it is an EU thing as a whole - I was told this not only for Greece, but for a trip to Germany I took a few years ago.

jnilas

Jerry s

And what is the reason exactly?
Why do passports need a buffer for travel? This is mostly due to visa precautions – ensuring that you have valid documents at the point of departure. Governments tend to err on the side of caution, factoring in any unforeseen circumstances that may extend your stay.
This is why some countries are more conservative than others when it comes to buffer times. Most European and Asian countries require six months’ passport validity from your departure date.

There are a few countries that only require 3 months but most need 6.

I don't see any problem there in Australia we get 10 year passports so it is only once every 10 years that I need to renew it .

Share You Santorini Photos...

I would love to see your Santorini photos. I want to visit but am hesitant because of what I have head about the crowds. I would love to visit this church, too!

santorini-greece.jpg

Best Greek Destinations from Athens by Ferry?

Once I arrive in Athens, I won't want to take a flight again until it is time to leave Greece. But, I would love to travel around.

What are the best places to visit in Greece from Athens (Piraeus) but Ferry? I know there are some day trips from Athens (Hydra, Aegina, Kea) but what about some other places? Also, did I miss any other day trips?

I mean, more like islands to visit. I know I can always drive around when I am on the mainland.

Off the Beaten Track Destinations in Greece

I know that there are some major destinations that are worth visiting in Greece, but there are also some great places that are off the beaten track. I would love to visit them soon. I made a small list, but I also want suggestions:
  • Kea
  • Ithaka
  • Tinos
  • Patmos (but I do know some cruses stop here)
  • Naxos
  • Kythnos
What do you guys think?

Is this a weird itinerary?

I am going to be in Greece about a month this summer and I keep changing my mind about what I will be doing while in the country. This is my itinerary and I am trying to figure out if I can pull it off without things being stressful. Every single thing on the list exists because I have people to visit. Santorini is on the list because of a wedding... I want to try to do all of it but I am not sure about the Santorini piece of it... but since it is a wedding I think I should just make it work.

Anyway, the destinations are: Athens (I have A LOT of people to visit, I will need like two total weeks here), Corinth (one person to visit), Kythira (no one to visit, I just want to go), Santorini (the wedding).

Is this too disjointed? Appreciate your thoughts.
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
TikTok Pinterest YouTube