1 - 2 of 2 Posts

xmelissaa

If you are looking for relaxation while visiting the island of Kefalonia, Petani Beach is the perfect choice. The water and sand with white pebbles are a sight to see. Once you’re done admiring the surroundings, you can lay down some beach towels, get a sun bed and umbrella, and lounge the day away. :)

petani-beach-kefalonia-768x512.jpeg

k_tsoukalas

There are so many worthwhile beaches to visit in Kefalonia! Petania is one of them, but there are others

Post your Kefalonia pictures!!

I would love to see everyones pics! Here is Melissni cave 😍😍😍

Melissani-Cave-720x480.jpg

Learn about Saint Gerasimus, the patron saint of Kefalonia

This video shows church services straight from Kefalonia on the saints day of Saint Gerasimus who is the patron saint of Kefalonia. Regions in Greece will have what is called a patron saint, who is said to protect and watch over the island. As you will see in the video, everyone from the surrounding area and villages will gather for this very important celebration and ceremony, it is truly a delight to see!

Assos is the best seaside village in Kefalonia

Assos is one of the best spots to visit in Kefalonia because you get a small town village vibe but its right by the water!

Kefalonia-720x480.jpg

Arbutus berries are Kefalonias Christmas time fruit that can be used for anything!

You will find these strawberry like berries all over the island during Christmas time! They can be used to make jams and a variety of fruit and even eaten plain as a snack! Some people like to make a sweet liquor with it or mix it in to popular Greek liquors like ouzo. Many locals will decorate their house with branches of the berries, I guess you could say its a Kefalonia version of wreaths and mistletoe. I believe in Greek its called koúmara but I'm not too sure, if there are any Greek speakers on this forum please help me out!

Municipality of Kefalonia

Hi there!
I hope everyone is healthy and safe! I do ancestry research, my grandfather was born on Kefalonia. I am looking for contact information for the municipality of Kefalonia to locate records. Does anyone have contact info?

Best Regards,

Sandy
Share and discuss your Kefalonia photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter