1 - 4 of 4 Posts

cubrinj

This place would be so cool to visit! It's one of the many sites on the island that date from the Minoan time period. Have any of you visited??

Phaestos-Palace-720x317.jpg

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member

k_tsoukalas

I agree, this palace is worth visiting. The island of Crete has a few Minoan palaces, the largest being Knossos. But there are others - there's Phaestos, one in Malia, and one in Zakros. On a tour in Malia, the guide was saying that one of the theories is that we should think of these palaces as population clusters, much like our modern-day cities and towns. Judging by the size of Knossos, the theory is that Knossos was the centerpoint. Minoan culture is fascinating.

greekgal77

This palace is also highly underrated. When people think Minoan, they automatically assume Knossos, but there are other Minoan palaces on the island like Phaistos that are worth checking out.

Samaria Gorge in Crete has dazzled me

This has to be one of the most beautiful places in Greece for sure!! Who has been here?? :)

Hike-Samaria-Gorge-720x480.jpg

Elafonisi beach is just unbeatable

The low tides are the best part of Elafonisi beach because you can wade in the water and relax without waves, seaweed or deep dirtier water. I love this beach!

elafonissi-beach-crete-900x442.jpg

Alica Ѕchmidt, the sexiest athlete in the world is in the Greek island of Crete

Things to Check Out in Hersonissos Crete

My top picks are Star Beach Waterpark, Labyrinth Theme Park, Aquaworld Aquarium, bike tour of Hersonissos, and finally exploring the nightlife. :)

Dont miss out on Hersonissos, Crete!

I feel like Hersonissos is the part of Crete that is often overlooked!! Look how beautiful it is 😍 I definitely recommend adding it to your list in Crete along with Iraklio and Chania.

hersonissos-720x480.jpg
Share and discuss your Crete photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter