1 - 4 of 4 Posts

efhernandez_

Rethymno is stunning 😍 post your pictures in this thread I would love to see them

rethymno-crete-720x480.jpg

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Here is my photo of Rethymno, Crete: 🇬🇷🇬🇷

attractions-rethymno-768x449.jpeg

Reactions: francescool

francescool

This city is just beautiful!! Thanks everyone for sharing these pictures :)

fortezza-crete-greece-900x600.jpg

k_tsoukalas

This is the cool shot of the port:

rethymno-port.jpg

Rizinia is a lost ancient city in Crete

Over the years, there have been many texts that talk about ancient city in Crete called Rizinia. The existence of the city was unable to be confirmed from archeological artefacts until the 1900s when Italian archeologists found remnants of the city. Many of the artefacts from the sites are found in the Archaeological Museum of Heraklion where are you can go and visit them today. I definitely recommend checking them out.

Crete is the best place to get an Airbnb!

I have been browsing Airbnb's all over the island of Crete and the value is astounding! The prices are some of the best that I've seen all over Greece and they are all brand new, clean, and very modern which is not the case for other areas of Greece. It seems that many people on the island are investing in new developments which is great for tourism. I recommend you check out Airbnb's when you are visiting!

Talented Greek singers and dancers in Crete!

These Cretan dancers are putting on a traditional show! As you will see in the video, these costumes, the music and dancing is all traditional and from the island of Crete. You will probably be able to find some restaurants that provide traditional cretin music and potentially some dancing. I highly recommend attending a live performance for anyone who is trying to learn more about Cretan culture.

What do you need to know before visiting Chania, Crete!

When you're visiting Chania, I personally recommend sticking around the city. The restaurants are fantastic and it's also a city that's right by the water so you'll be able to go to the beach whenever you like. The nightlife is also pretty great, and there's really talented musicians who play live music in the summertime. This video outlines everything about the city perfectly. If you've been, drop some recommendations in the comments!

Visit the windmills in Lasithi Crete

These windmills are one of the most unique attractions on the island. They were a great source of sustainable energy, and provided irrigation to water plants in the summer months. There aren't many windmills left, and they currently stand as more of a tourist attraction than an energy source. If you would like to visit, they are located on the north end of the Lasithi plateau.

1656470340077.png
Share and discuss your Crete photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter