1 - 3 of 3 Posts

auroracoor1

Mykonos is such a beautiful island, don't take it for granted just because it sometimes gets a bad reputation!! Post your Mykonos pics so we can see the true Mykonos
Mykonos-720x480.jpg

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Here is my Mykonos photo to contribute 🇬🇷🇬🇷

mykonos-night-club (1).jpeg

k_tsoukalas

Mykonos is beautiful! Here is a great photo:

Paraportiani-Church-376x220.jpg

These are the best frozen spanakopita brands

Frozen and store bought spanakopita has been a staple in my house especially recently during covid when I have been stressed and not in the mood to cook. The best brands you can find are Greek brands, which are 7 Days, Athens and Krinos.

Other brands that are not authentic but probably easier to find are spanakopita at Whole Foods or Trader Joes. The ingredients are high quality and the taste is there! I just prefer supporting Greek businesses so whenever I can, I will buy from a Greek grocery store.

Please add your favorite brands in the comments!

Greek steak, rice and salad!

This is one of my favorite meals! Marinated steak tips with lemon, garlic and olive oil with a pinch of salt and pepper. I made rice using wild rice with a chicken boullion cube for extra flavor. The salad is a super simple Greek style salad with lettuce and I added avocado for the extra nutrients. Stin igeia mas! 1B376B07-FFBB-421A-9F37-1868EF4B7E17.jpeg

Treat yourself or your loved ones to a Greek sweets basket!

Because of Covid, I haven't been seeing a lot of my friends and family and I haven't been able to celebrate with them for birthdays or the holidays. I thought that because so many of us are missing Greece and Greek food that it would be nice to get some of them a Greek sweets basket so they can remind themselves of the suites they ate growing up. Because this basket is bought online, you can deliver it to any address and really brighten someone's day. I hope you all enjoy it.

How to make béchamel sauce! You can put this in anything

Bechamel sauce is a French sauce that is commonly used in Greek dishes like pastitsio, moussaka and papoutsakia. It is a rich, creamy sauce that pairs really well with ground meat sauce and pasta. You can use it for traditional Greek dishes, French dishes or even make up your own dish. One time when I had extra béchamel, I made some pasta and used it as a sauce with some sprinkled cheese. It was sooo good!

This is how taramasalata is made!

Taramosalata is one of those dips that's a bit mystifying. Many people really don't know what's in it (caviar and bread mostly) but we all know that it tastes amazing! There are varying qualities, and depending on how expensive or local the taramasalata is, its going to have different consistencies and taste. I like to go with your standard Krinos taramasalata that I get at the Greek supermarket but you can even make your own if you want a much fresher taste.

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter