1 - 5 of 5 Posts

seleanor

Rest In Peace to the legend. Please share some of your favorite compositions so we can remember his legacy

Reactions: Hash

Hash

Rest In Peace to the legend. Please share some of your favorite compositions so we can remember his legacy
What a lovely idea!👋.....As soon as I recover from my Side effects of Pfizer shot..

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
RIP Mikis Theodorakis! 🇬🇷🇬🇷🇬🇷

ellinasgolfer0320

I didn't care for the guy because he was a communist, but here is a clip I found funny from an old movie. If you're wondering why his music was banned, it's because he was a communist who was against the dictatorship (1967-1974) and his music was seen as a symbol of resistance. That said, he has some good music.

k_tsoukalas

Memory Eternal! He created a great musical legacy.

Should I Bring Something to a Greek-Australian Dinner Party?

I am of Greek descent but I was born in Australia. Although my name sounds very Greek, I didn't actually grow up close to the culture. I am invited to a dinner party to a friend's house, and they have only just moved from Greece. Of course, I always went to dinner parties put on my family, but this is different. Usually my family would tell me what to bring and I don't have to think about gifts. What do you bring to a friend's house during a dinner party? Wine? Food?

Tips for Learning Greek While in Greece?

Now that I am getting older, I realize how important my Greek heritage is. So, I've made it my mission to learn more about it. One of the things I want to do is get better at Greek. And sure, I know I can use language programs - but it seems to me that learning it while in the country might be a little easier. I know that a 2 or 3 week trip won't make me fluent, but I bet it can give me a really good head start. Do you guys have any tips for how I can immerse myself in the Greek language while I am in the country?

Upcoming Greek Holidays to Think About

I am really trying to reconnect with my Greek heritage and one thing I realized - my family has gotten away from some of the Greek traditions surrounding major holidays. My family used to celebrate a lot, but many of those who have kept traditions alive have passed away. Is there anything between now and Christmas? What Christmas traditions should I prepare to do this year? I found this link - what do you guys think?

Learning About Greek Orthodox Religion

I am of Dominican descent and my husband and I had an Orthodox wedding, but I didn't convert. I want to learn about the religion more to better connect with him and his side of the family ... what types of things should I look at? I found this link online and found it informative. How should I learn about Greek Orthodox?

Finding a Wedding Planner in Greece?

I decided to do a destination wedding in Greece. I mentioned in an earlier thread that I am not an Orthodox Christian but have decided on the Athens area because I think there are some great photo opportunities all over the city and it is a bit more accessible. Anyway, I know I need help getting everything organized. How does one go about finding a wedding planner in Greece who can help?
Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter