1 - 3 of 3 Posts

nm1999

Poros beach in Kefalonia is said to be one of the top beaches!! I absolutely love it here

Poros-Beach-Kefalonia-720x480.jpg

How can I get to Poros beach?

Top Attractions in Kefalonia

Planning a trip to kefalonia next year. I want to see the turtles - I was thinking of going at the end of June. Does this make sense to see the turtles?

In addition I want to see the following - did I miss anything?

- Melissani Cave
- Skala Beach (and other beaches)
- Castle of Agios Georgios

Anything else I should prioritize?

What to do in Faskardo Village on Kefalonia

I visited this village once maybe eight years ago and I want to go back. I have some notes about the things to do there. I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts. Did I miss anything? I want to take my family there because I found the place to be really beautiful.

• Stroll the Waterfront Promenade: Enjoy a leisurely walk along the picturesque harbor with its array of colorful fishing boats and yachts.
  • Explore Historical Venetian Architecture: Take in the charming Venetian-style buildings that survived the 1953 earthquake, giving Fiskardo its unique character.
  • Relax at Foki Beach: Spend a day sunbathing and swimming in the serene bay of Foki, surrounded by olive groves and cypress trees.
  • Join a Boat Tour: Embark on a boat excursion to discover remote beaches, hidden coves, and the stunning coastline around Fiskardo.
  • Visit the Fiskardo Nautical and Environmental Museum: Learn about the maritime history and natural environment of the region through engaging exhibits.
  • Hike to the Lighthouse: Follow the scenic trails leading out of Fiskardo to the iconic lighthouse and enjoy panoramic views of the sea.
What did I miss? Anyone have any restaurants to recommend?

Travel to Kefalonia in May?

I plan to go to Greece at the end of April leading up to Orthodox Easter, which is at the beginning of May.

I will spend Holy Week and Easter near Athens.

Then, I would love to visit another place. I am considering Kefalonia. Is early May a good time of year to go to Kefalonia?

Did I Miss Turtle Season?

I have always wanted to see the turtles in Kefalonia. They come to the beach to lay eggs or something once a year or so, right? Did I miss it?

I Might have to wait until next year to do this. Does anyone have an advice?

I was originally planning to go n September, but I think if that is the case, I would have missed it?

Caves and Lake in Kephalonia

I saw some photos of the caves in Kephalonia and there's a lake near one of them, too. I think the cave is called Drograti and the lake is Melissani. I got the impression they were close to each other? Are they?

I would love to visit both - seems like such a natural and beautiful place. I don't want it to be busy when I go - what is a good time of year to visit? Do you have any tips?
Share and discuss your Kefalonia photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back